Vegetarians move along, nothing to see here.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The devil's crops: maize (to make high fructose corn syrup) and soya (for animal feed)

I don’t think non-farming people realise quite how much diesel is sucked up to prepare ground for cereal crops or, as above, recognise the point above ^^^ that not all land can be ploughed up. Animals also use the waste straw and provide excellent natural fertiliser. Mixed farming is the way, and has been for millennia.

Of course they don't. If they did they would start to ask questions about how many litres of red diesel is required to make one litre of biodiesel.

The devil's crops: maize (to make high fructose corn syrup) and soya (for animal feed)

Corn is turned into ethanol here and the left over distillers grains are fed to cows, and probably pigs. Soy was introduced as a protein source for animals, but is probably well used for both humans and animals at this point (expensive compared to corn).

Ah, but what is a vegetarian meal? I noticed some newspaper restaurant reporters would say things like 'vegetarian menu available'. They seemed to have the belief that chicken and fish are vegetarian foods!

Same as wind turbines, box ticking. Over 1 tonne of co2 to produce 1 tonne of steel. How many tonnes in the tower of a wind turbine? All BS. Only half the narrative that should be spoken.

And the recycling issues..... in that the blades usually get burried....
Just like solar, i believe it takes 10 to 15 years to equal the cost saving and hard to recycle.
And electric vehicles.... at the mo i believe the batteries etc are a bigger environmental issue than anyone wants to admit, plus of course all the new factories and processes to build them.

In the end it will end up better.

Back