VCI Paper and VCI Emitters - Clubbing together for an order

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust=manglitter

Established Member
Reaction score
Right, so if some of you might remember me offering (what I thought was) VCI paper for sale here. In the end that turned out to be wax paper, albeit good quality wax paper.

Regardless of the paper being wrong, my for sale post got removed by the mods.

As I wanted to get hold of some actual VCI paper (this time decent stuff from a trusted brand!), so CHJ has suggested that I start the post in the ‘off topic’ forum to drum up interest to get enough people to club together to purchase a roll of VCI paper, which I am happy to arrange and manage/distribute.

So since then I’ve been doing my utmost to get hold of a UK distributor of a trusted ‘known’ brand of VCI products. So after a bunch of to-ing and fro-ing I’ve finally found a UK stockist of Armor VCI products!!

VCI Paper

So the prices and information I’ve been sent is for the following:

Armor 35G VCI paper (75gsm) - 36’’x 200yard long (914mm x 183m long) - £72 exc VAT and exc shipping

Armor 35G VCI paper (75gsm) - 36’’x 400yard long (914mm x 366m long) - £145.44 (exc VAT and exc shipping)

Info on Armor 35G VCI paper…
https://www.armorvci.com/wp-content/upl ... -Sheet.pdf

VCI Emitter

I also enquired about their VCI emitters, which would be ideal for drawers/cupboards where tools are stored. So they have three sizes of foam pad emitters:

VCI Emitter; E007; 25x25mm – Protected volume 0.25 cu.ft (0.0071 m3) – 25 sheets/carton (80 pcs/sheet) – Total 2000 pieces – £139.63 x 1 carton (exc VAT and exc shipping)

VCI Emitter; E028; 51x127mm – Protected volume 1.00 cu.ft (0.0283 m3) – 125 sheets/carton (8 pcs/sheet) – Total 1000 pieces – £269.73 x 1 carton (exc VAT and exc shipping)

VCI Emitter; E227; 254x254mm – Protected volume 8.00 cu.ft (0.2265 m3) – 250 sheets/carton (1 pc/sheet) – Total 250 pieces – £439.38 x 1 carton (exc VAT and exc shipping) – Protected volume 0.25 cu.ft (0.0071 m3)

Info on Armor foam pad VCI emitters …
https://www.armorvci.com/wp-content/upl ... -Sheet.pdf

Note that I queried the shelf life etc of the emitters, and this is what I was told…
“The VCI molecules need to build up in the airspace to provide the protection. So basically the nearer the emitter is to the items that need protection, the better. Once the airspace is saturated the emitter will give off very little VCI.

“They come in a PE bag. Close the bag again and the VCI release from the emitters is very low indeed. If stored in good conditions such as a room that does not constantly have big changes in temeprature and is a sensible Relative Humidity (RH) the emitters can be stored in sealed packaging for several years.”

With regards to the above, I believe the 51x127mm size would be the perfect size for tool boxes/drawers (even if 2 are used), so that’s what I would go for if others were interested?

If others are interested in clubbing together on the above then including the delivery of one 200yrd roll of the Armor 35G VCI paper and one carton of the 51x127mm VCI foam emitters, then these would be the approximate prices (exc delivery, which would be at cost):

Armor 35G VCI paper – Approx. £0.70 per metre – If enough were interested if we got the 400yrd roll then price would be a little cheaper.

51x127mm VCI foam emitters – Approx. £3.00 per sheet of 8 emitters (I’d package them in a sealed sandwich bag!)

The delivery costs will obviously depend on quantity you’d want.

Please express your interest on this post and PM me for approximate total price with estimated shipping cost. Once (if) I’ve had enough interest I’ll let people know if the ‘places’ are all taken for this order.

Cheers

:D

I'll get the ball rolling :)
I'd join in for 8 sheets of the foam pads (64 pieces if I understand correctly) plus 20 metres of the paper.
That would kit out all my toolboxes with annual replacements for a couple of years, and plenty of roll to look after my machine tables for a few years too.
Cheers.

(Passers by, look up "vapor phase inhibitor", a volatile anti rust chemical that can be soaked into paper or sponge for ease of use, often found wrapping or just included in the box with new metal tools to stop them rusting in storage. It seems to last for about a year in use then needs replacing. Stored unused in a sealed plastic bag it has a shelf life of a few years.)

Jonzjob":fzq3pveh said:
It would be handy to know just what VCI Paper is ?? :?

VCI stands for Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors, which are a type of corrosion inhibitor that are used to protect ferrous materials and non ferrous metals against corrosion or oxidation. And as what Sideways says above :)

Unless I'm missing something it'd be cheaper ( by £1.44) to buy two lots of the 200 yards compared with buying 400 yards

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Factoring in paying for the delivery once (based on buying either one 200yrd roll or buying one 400yrs roll). But yeah, to be honest i didnt even look at the individual costs of them! Ha. So if there was enough interest to get more than 200yrds, then it would be worth getting two 200yrd rolls :)

I haven't tried the Avon stuff, but Zoro is part of Grainger Inc. whose UK physical presence is Cromwell Tools. I've never had anything duff from Cromwell - they are primarily an industrial supplier, so their stuff needs to work I guess. The same Avon paper is on the Cromwell site at 60.64 pounds + VAT + delivery, Zoro website 34.99 inc VAT + delivery, Zoro eBay shop 34.99 inc VAT inc delivery.

Zoro pricing can be quite odd. I bought an industrial quality milling cutter from their eBay shop for 7 quid inc VAT and delivery. 54 quid +VAT for the identical item from Cromwell - and that's not an artificially inflated price, it's reasonable for the size/quality of the cutter. Random example from Zoro website - I can buy a 1 metre length of 3mm silver steel for 9.95, or a 2 metre length for 3.99.

Point being that it is quite possible that the Avon paper is a bit of a bargain and should be snapped up! Good find Chris!

Robin.

I’ve olny had two people confirm so far (obviously nowhere near enough), so I’m open to changing product if others are interested. Only reason I was trying for Armor is due to its good reputation and it’s tried and tested.

So if others would like to suggest other products to consider then by all means :)

Back