Vase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
While I am working on the decoration of the Pierced Bowl I have been working on this 9" tall vase made from Laburnum and maple which I have decorated with brass gilding sheets

C & C welcome

DSCF1509 (767x1024).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1509 (767x1024).jpg
    DSCF1509 (767x1024).jpg
    118 KB · Views: 280
Very nice. Does the gilding come in sheets like gold leaf and do you need to apply something to protect it as I imagine it is very fragile.

Like that a lot Derek, the laburnum stem contains and controls the explosion of the bright leaf.
The leaf looks good, presume it's burnished during application, looks like a very homogeneous cover.

Thank you Steliz and Chas.

CHJ":zz2wconn said:
Like that a lot Derek, the laburnum stem contains and controls the explosion of the bright leaf.
The leaf looks good, presume it's burnished during application, looks like a very homogeneous cover.

Burnished the brass sheet with my finger was going to make an antler burnishing stick but with the smell antler produces not a good idea especially with the heat as it is . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steliz":zz2wconn said:
Very nice. Does the gilding come in sheets like gold leaf and do you need to apply something to protect it as I imagine it is very fragile.

Yes it does and uses the same size as the gold leaf but the wood needs sealing first

Back