• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Vase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
While I am working on the decoration of the Pierced Bowl I have been working on this 9" tall vase made from Laburnum and maple which I have decorated with brass gilding sheets

C & C welcome

DSCF1509 (767x1024).jpg

Attachments

Steliz

Camberwell Carrot
Reaction score
Very nice. Does the gilding come in sheets like gold leaf and do you need to apply something to protect it as I imagine it is very fragile.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Like that a lot Derek, the laburnum stem contains and controls the explosion of the bright leaf.
The leaf looks good, presume it's burnished during application, looks like a very homogeneous cover.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you Steliz and Chas.

CHJ":zz2wconn said:
Like that a lot Derek, the laburnum stem contains and controls the explosion of the bright leaf.
The leaf looks good, presume it's burnished during application, looks like a very homogeneous cover.
Burnished the brass sheet with my finger was going to make an antler burnishing stick but with the smell antler produces not a good idea especially with the heat as it is . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steliz":zz2wconn said:
Very nice. Does the gilding come in sheets like gold leaf and do you need to apply something to protect it as I imagine it is very fragile.
Yes it does and uses the same size as the gold leaf but the wood needs sealing first