Vacuum Workholding ( Vac Sys)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

i know the festool vac sys system for work holding has been around a while now. It doesn’t seem all that popular but it appears that it is gaining popularity of late (at leAst anecdotally)

anyone got one or try one out? Looks very convenient for routing sanding and using the Domino machine

I have the VAC SYS, but put off buying it for a long time because I thought it was a solution looking for a problem. I was wrong, and have used it on every project since buying it.

I modified mine to fit my workbench by adding quick disconnect fittings and replacing the stock long hoses with shorter hoses. The long hoses are stored in the SE1 Systainer in case I take the VAC SYS out of the shop.

Item24-65-X2.jpg

I ummed and ahhed for a while before I bought my Vac-Sys set up, but would not be without it now. Yes, it is particularly useful for the Domino/Lamello and sanding. Get all the different pads.

I did a write-up on the Festool Owners forum here My Vac-Sys setup
As you can see, I plumbed in my AirPress vacuum pump which works very well.

Any queries, just shout. (My workshop does not have the clinical cleanliness standards of @MikeK, I am afraid)

Cheers

I ummed and ahhed for a while before I bought my Vac-Sys set up, but would not be without it now. Yes, it is particularly useful for the Domino/Lamello and sanding. Get all the different pads.

I did a write-up on the Festool Owners forum here My Vac-Sys setup
As you can see, I plumbed in my AirPress vacuum pump which works very well.

Any queries, just shout. (My workshop does not have the clinical cleanliness standards of @MikeK, I am afraid)

Cheers

Your write-up on FOG was what inspired me to make the modifications to my VAC SYS. If I add the SE2 head, I'll change my footswitch connections like you did. I should have done that when I bought the other PCL fittings.

The clean shop is a force of habit from a lifelong career of working in military shops.

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Can you just give me a brief idea of how it helps in use?
I do a lot of Domino, edge routing, sanding, trimming edgebanding etc.
Thanks!
Pete

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Can you just give me a brief idea of how it helps in use?
I do a lot of Domino, edge routing, sanding, trimming edgebanding etc.
Thanks!
Pete

Well, just think of doing all those things without having to clamp the workpiece and then having to reposition the clamp as you work around the workpiece. There must be some stuff on YouTube to illustrate.

Yes, it is expensive and therefore a bit of a luxury for a hobbyist like me. (I did set up relatively cheaply, particularly by utilising my Airpress vacuum pump, which I already had, instead of buying the Festool pump unit).

Cheers

Back