Vacum/Dust Extractor HELP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there.

I'm new to these forums, but have already managed to gather most of the essential machinery needed for my own personal woodworking - the one thing I'm after now, though, is a decent extractor.

The trouble is, I don't know where to start looking. I'd be happy with something 'portable' that can adapt to 100mm outlets aswell as general hand power tools; something I can also use as a wet/dry vacum around my workshop. And... I reckon I don't want to be looking too far past £150, if I can help it.

One's I've already noted include a DeWalt one on sale at D&M, TREND, Fein model sold by Rutlands and also Camvac (?) which are sold on the same site. Are there any others you could suggest I look at?

I'm after a general opinion on what other people would suggest, perhaps even what you guys do yourselves. Since buying the Perform planer/thicknesser, I've decided cannot go on with my broom and shovel any longer! :D

Thank you.

-----

Sorry, I've just got two more QUICK things to ask:

1. Where might I obtain a single continuous brass piano hinge, 451mm long? Screwfix and co. only seem to sell them in packs of 10, nearly £20 a go. :(

2. 110/115v NVR switches. I'm after one for my 110v Makita 3612CX router, to use in my router table - and I don't like the price of the TREND one! :) D&M list a DeWalt one, but they've now told me it's been discontinued. I know it's not 'essential', as such, but it is an awful lot easier - and safer.

Thanks very much for your help and advice.

Oswaldo!

(For those interested, I'm a keen Carpentry student at college beginning to feel the lure of fine furniture and cabinet making...)

I have got a Record DX3000 that I use on my combi as well as for hand held powertools, works very well but is a little noisy and above your budget. I also have a camvac that is mainly used for woodturning, again this has verygood suction (63mm version) and is quieter than the Record.

You could get the hinge from Isaac Lord the solid brass ones are very expensive , will an electro brass do? You will have to buy a 6ft length and cut to size.

Not sure of a 110v NVR switch, could you not plug your transformer into a 240V one.

Jason

Oswaldo!":31cd6sxz said:
Hi there.
Welcome to the forum, Oswaldo!

Oswaldo!":31cd6sxz said:
1. Where might I obtain a single continuous brass piano hinge, 451mm long? Screwfix and co. only seem to sell them in packs of 10, nearly £20 a go. :(
Been there, got the lifetime's supply somewhere in the workshop... :lol: They're not brass btw, just brass plated. There's Woodfit in addition to Isaac Lord btw.

Cheers, Alf

Back