Vaccination

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, this virus is determined to survive. Are they not playing Rugby out there, so perhaps someone has brought it in for them.

If everyone had accepted the situation and rigidly stuck to lockdown, and the government shut the doors into the country then do you not think that we would be in a very different place now, possibly enjoying the freedoms of New Zealand and the like.

No.

If we had done a quarantine very early on (not a lockdown a quarantine for everyone) then possibly maybe would have fared better. But that ship had sailed by January 20 at the latest.

Oh dear, this virus is determined to survive. Are they not playing Rugby out there, so perhaps someone has brought it in for them.

Of course it will survive. Its like saying we don't want grass to grow anymore and trying to kill all the grass

Of course it will survive, we are never getting rid of it, vaccinations or not it will be around forever.

Which then means we will always be looking over our shoulder waiting for the next strain and is what Mr Gates said years ago about being prepared.

Cases, hospitalisations and deaths are falling rapidly due combined impacts of increasing natural immunity, lockdown and vaccine rollout.

Within 4-6 weeks (end March latest) they will be at relatively trivial levels. Spring will be here. Assuming no change to lockdown arrangements, and no surprises in virus mutation, deaths will have fallen to less than 100.

At this point there is close to zero probability that full lockdown will be maintained. Compliance will simply be unenforceable as possibly millions of those vaccinated, who think themselves immune, think it a giant hoax, will simply ignore the rules.

My guess would be a rapid reduction in lockdown, starting with schools and personal restrictions (meeting outside, groups of 6 etc). This will be rapidly followed by non-essential retail and hospitality (covid scure, distanced, masks??)

By the end of April pretty much all restrictions will be dismantled - low cases in the community, test and trace working properly, routine testing in schools etc, second vaccine rollout underway, possible vaccine passport (or restricted entry to some places.

Terry

Like the car on top of a hill, it remains there until the handbrake is released. The only reason the figures are currently low is not because of vacination but due to the restrictions, remove to soon and away we go again.

and you have every right to your opinion...and the children?
It's not an opinion.

I know her to be wrong based on my first hand experience of using biochemical assay techniques like PCR and statistical methods to design valid testing protocols.

As for children your point is literally incoherent, I have no idea what on earth are you attempting to say with that comment.

We need this to be the last lockdown, so I agree with the govts cautious approach.

I also would say the govt should be talking to the hospitality industry and reducing lockdown in a way that helps the worst hit sector recover.

I've heard pub landlords saying they would prefer to stay shut longer, then be able to open fully, rather than have restrictions that means they are half open, with no hope of breaking even.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Scientists are looking for a generic vaccine which will be effective against all strains of covid. They will find it because there will be massive profits to gain and lots of investment for research. Developing new drugs is massively expensive. There is nothing quite like a war to stimulate development.

You would be amazed that I fully agree with you!

We agree on something then! hahaha.

Have you had Westaways sausages? Unbelievably they were worse than Richmonds, tasted of nothing but salty rancid lard and had the texture of baby food. They were so bad I posted on their facebook page reviews, the company outright called my liar and said they were award winning, never had complaint blah blah to which I then had dozens of people agreeing with me and saying they had complained and their reviews were removed! Within hours my review had also disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back