Vaccination

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as overall mortality will be back around or likely even below the 5 year average
That's not very relavent data, it doesn't tell you 40, 50, 60, 70 year olds are in hospital with Covid, or tell you the stress of being a nurse.

What counts is the number of Covid hospital admissions.

Leave it out, you are just trying to get this thread shut down now as well with your nonsense. It's pointless even replying to you.
Please could you stop sidetracking threads with your alternative facts.

This must be the final lockdown, so we need to come out of it slowly and carefully.

We do not want to see a spike of cases

Lockdown end should not start until 3 weeks after the first 4 groups have been vaccinated.

Let's not try conflating the argument with excess death averages nonsense.

I'm in tier 8, fair amount of time til I get my vaccination, two older kids in secondary school. Can't say I'm looking forward to their return. People age 50-70 with jobs, kids and other reasons they can't protect themselves stand to be pretty much exposed to the new mutations for some time to come as lock down gets lifted.
My wife is 49, she is a peripatetic piano teacher.

She thinks there will be a huge urgency for restrictions to be lifted exposing her age group upwards.

Her Dad is currently in hospital dying (as in they've stopped all medication, food, drink) for obvious reasons my wife, her mum and sister are visiting, but it's very concerning - the doctors tell her "Covid is everywhere in the hospital".

My wife actually teaches the saxophone to a somebody with a senior position in the hospital, who concurs.

My wife has Graves' disease, an auto immune disorder, although she mostly has no symptoms, it's a risk factor. I have high blood pressure, same thing.
Neither of us are unduly worried about Covid, but we have been very careful throughout this lockdown to minimise risks of exposure. It is just sensible.

It's great news the vaccine seems to cut transmission, the more it's rolled out, the faster cases will fall.

I'm not sure there's a lot that can be done about it, but it'd be nice for the govt to acknowledge there's an issue and maybe even offer advice - there was talk a way back about over-50s isolating, and of us wearing higher grade masks to protect ourselves rather than just others. At least it'd create awareness and a framework for people to make decisions as to what to do til they get the vaccine/ protection.

[I wanted to quote yours from 'my wife [to] her age group upwards' - can't we do that any more? Some things have changed around here, some exactly the same!]

ps Ditto blood pressure. Apparently about 16 million in the UK have it but many don't know they have it.

Last edited:
Last update on my vaccine experience. I had a rather sweaty night and had a very flushed feeling for most of it and then around 4 this morning the pseudo fever(?) broke and I was able to doze off. Woke up this morning feeling fine even if a little achey in my back muscles. So over the hump as it were

Last update on my vaccine experience. I had a rather sweaty night and had a very flushed feeling for most of it and then around 4 this morning the pseudo fever(?) broke and I was able to doze off. Woke up this morning feeling fine even if a little achey in my back muscles. So over the hump as it were

That is great news and thank you for letting us know.
Mrs G had aches across her shoulders and down her arms for a day but was fine from then on.
I think the vaccines hit people in different ways or with no effects.
Anyway the main thing is you are feeling ok.

Gary

Had my AZ vaccine yesterday afternoon, in and out in 4 minutes very efficient. About 3 am this morning I began to shiver then shake, I have never been so cold, chest pains, short of breath, reminded me of my heart attack 2 years ago.
The side affects have been reported with the Corvid yellow card and my GP.
Needless to say I will not be having my second jab.

Lots of folks under 65 have had it, in London and elsewhere, seen and unseen, likely to have been a Healthcare, care worker or volunteer in the vaccination programme.
We had our first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday. Lister Hospital Stevenage. Plenty of FREE parking, folk arriving as requested, all very well organised. Went better than clockwork. We Foster so come under the essential worker heading. I'm 64 and my wife is 61. second appointment on 7/4/21.
My wife has had a sore arm and some back ache but I have so far had nothing. Just remember it's free. So many scams around at the moment.

Take care all.

That's wonderful news @Nick Laguna UK , they will probably do the whole household if asked, certainly worth asking.
Hi Garno, they took my wife's contact details when she took my daughter in this morning, and said they will add her to their list of people who they call towards the end of every day to use up any vaccines left over due to 'no shows' - we are walking distance away from the surgery & can get there in 2 mins - so fingers crossed she may also get hers later too. They said they don't know at the start of the day if any will be left over, but there usually are. Cheers and a lot happier now my daughter has had hers - will report back here if there's any side effects like some seem to have had, but I'd rather side effects for my daughter than possible full blown Covid that's for sure.

Had my AZ vaccine yesterday afternoon, in and out in 4 minutes very efficient. About 3 am this morning I began to shiver then shake, I have never been so cold, chest pains, short of breath, reminded me of my heart attack 2 years ago.
The side affects have been reported with the Corvid yellow card and my GP.
Needless to say I will not be having my second jab.
So you have had a taste of what Covid does to you. Your logic is not to get better protection from Covid by having a second Injection. I am not following your logic unless of course you are bothered that it will trigger another heart attack.

Hi Garno, they took my wife's contact details when she took my daughter in this morning, and said they will add her to their list of people who they call towards the end of every day to use up any vaccines left over due to 'no shows' - we are walking distance away from the surgery & can get there in 2 mins - so fingers crossed she may also get hers later too. They said they don't know at the start of the day if any will be left over, but there usually are. Cheers and a lot happier now my daughter has had hers - will report back here if there's any side effects like some seem to have had, but I'd rather side effects for my daughter than possible full blown Covid that's for sure.

It would be nice if she got the call, The main thing is that your daughter had hers done with no problems.
@Lignafera sounds like you had a real bad time of it, that's a shame really as it has put you off having the second jab. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
@XH558 That's the same jab as myself and Mrs G had and we also had very little in the way of side effects to which I am glad of, Some people on here have had it tough and I feel a little guilty about how easy things have been for us.

Received text from GP yesterday, booked appointment for today, now had jab, very efficient, no queue. I had the Astra Zeneca and it was totally painless, I did not feel anything, not even the slightest prick. The nurse was an absolute expert. no side effects yet.

let us know tomorrow...hah!

My dad got the moderna shot here - great first day. Couldn't lift his arm the second day (soreness and no ability to use the muscle) and then within a couple of days, no problem. He hasn't gotten the second shot.

Wife's response to the second one was a little more than a day of complete misery (the day after the second shot is when it occurred), and then it went away as fast as it came.

Small price to pay compared to potential weeks of sickness and passing that sickness to others.

Announcement today that they are planning to get all over 50's vaccinated by end of May. That covers 99.9% of potential deaths. I wonder then if they will bother doing the under 50's (unless they have a co-morbidity). Seems to me to be a waste of time and they would be better concentrating on looking at ongoing immunity in the older age groups as it would only be a few months before those vaccinated in Dec 2020 would be needing a booster for Autumn/Winter this year possibly tweaked for a new variant.

In fairness that is how I read it.
Reading my post to lignafera it was a bit harsh. I can understand not wanting to repeat something which reminds you of a heart attack. I could have worded it better.

I love being 49. After the over 50s are done, what then? Schoolkids? Ship the stuff to Africa? If you're not going to vaccinate me any time soon should I stay home until 2022? I've really had enough of this cr@p now, I just want to go to the gym and have a KFC.

@billw What you need is to sit down and have a watch of this

Regardless of what's in KFC I am sitting here thinking I've extended the lifespan of people who are already overdue to die by normal standards whilst pissing away 12 months of my prime and not being able to do anything I enjoy. Yes that's selfish, but the old crumblies who are dying in homes are the ones who voted for Thatcherism which led to people being selfish in the first place so sympathy votes are slim to none. Actually, they're not slim, they're none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back