Vaccination

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a guy in his 30s was given an appointment for a vaccine...somewhere in London.

My wife had hers last Tuesday along with the residents and other staff in the care home. No reaction whatsoever, though some staff had reactions. I still have a while to wait though.

Nigel.

could have had underlying conditions.
I think I heard on the radio that they're now on to group 4 in some areas, so that fits...

However I think that misses a different point in @RobinBHM's post...

It's interesting that London and the South East has miraculously managed to get to that stage faster than other regions with younger population demographics, where logically you'd think with less people in high priority groups they'd already be further down the list.

I'm in the vulnerable category. I believe that is also group 4 although wouldn't swear on it.
I am also fortunate in that I do not have to travel far as again I believe some people are having to travel long distances to get theirs.

The system seems to be working well. We had hoped the vulnerable person in our family would have had their 2nd before now but the best they could do was 10 week gap so another couple of weeks wait yet. Still the protection from the first one should have kicked in well by now and they feel much happier going out and about, months of deterioration to try and cure now if possible.

I am extremely happy and will no doubt get there early :giggle: :giggle::giggle:
Point of order Mr Chairman! A relative who has had his first jab was specifically told NOT to get there early because they did not want a queue of at-risk, as-yet unvaccinated, people mingling together whilst they waited. That makes sense to me. Might be a good idea to be punctual but no more.
Incidentally in my relative's case they were very exact with their schedule. His appointment was for something like 15:32 and apparently they working to that having had no time slippage even that late in the day.

My wife and I have had our jabs, my wife has had to shield, so was in one of the top groups, I have an underlying condition that meant I would be soon after but they sent us for first jab together, no date for the second and our daughter (17) has not been notified so seems they are generally sticking to the way we think it should be rolled out.
We were also told to not be early but punctual, and they were spot on time - it is being run like a very precise military operation, very impressive actually.

Last edited:
Point of order Mr Chairman! A relative who has had his first jab was specifically told NOT to get there early because they did not want a queue of at-risk, as-yet unvaccinated, people mingling together whilst they waited. That makes sense to me. Might be a good idea to be punctual but no more.
Incidentally in my relative's case they were very exact with their schedule. His appointment was for something like 15:32 and apparently they working to that having had no time slippage even that late in the day.

I'm far too grumpy to do mingling ;)
You do make a valid points though thank you.

Good stuff.
I was offered one when I took my parents on 20th Jan. As they though I was their carer.
I turned it down, didn't seem right.
Hope I don't croak it, before I get my offical one .
saw an article on this the other day, apparantly, especially with the pfizer vac (which has the whole storage issue with temperature), if vaccines are left over at the end of a day / session, they could easily have to be thrown out, so in fact it could well be in everyone's interest to take a vaccine if you are offered it.

My local GP surgery has awful admin staff (not just a recent thing, I completely appreciate that there is a lot of added strain right now), my mother in her late 70s has been waiting patiently to be contacted about her jab, her neighbour in her early 70s has been phoned already, when my mother phoned up to find out what was happening she was told she'd been phoned several times and messages were left, pure fiction. Similarly, I'm shielding, and so should be getting a jab now, again, nothing. I take some comfort in the fact that the number that have had the vaccine is rapidly increasing, so at least the much fabled herd immunity is eventually starting to happen

Looking good for supplies of the vaccine if what I read is correct. 366 million doses ordered of the 7 most promising corona virus vaccines.

Ahem.....had mine in September! Volunteered for the Oxford vaccine study, so also had to have a multitude of blood and swab tests. It was 50/50 whether I had the real vaccine or a placebo, but when I was offered the vaccine this week, I had to find out if I was already protected. Turns out I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back