Vac system question please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecoder

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a electra vac system and it has 1 4 inch extraction pipe I want to extend the run of piping and wondered if the 4 inch piping is standard and if so where it can be purchased from along with junction pieces etc..

Its a second hand unit and I would like to pipe up a run to use with my powertools ,router,mitre saw,bandsaw etc..

many thanks

Dave

A few people seem to use 4" waste pipe from a builders supply i think that you can get blast gates etc. from Axminster that will fit.

It's best to use smooth pipe a much as possible - keep flexible tube to the minimum and use the fewest bends and fittings as possible.
This to reduce the internal friction of he tube and to maximise the air flow. This will be a high volume / low velocity extract.
Also, be sure to bond all the metalic parts together and earth one end.

Argus":cbbpz3dv said:

It's best to use smooth pipe a much as possible - keep flexible tube to the minimum and use the fewest bends and fittings as possible.
This to reduce the internal friction of he tube and to maximise the air flow. This will be a high volume / low velocity extract.
Also, be sure to bond all the metalic parts together and earth one end.

Cheers guys thanks for that,think I'm going to go with the plastic pipe option from the builders .

Buy the orange stuff. It is sold for underground use and so it does the UV stabilisers in it that the black and grey has and is therefore a bit cheaper. Unless you have a discount arrangement at the BM, Toolstation is about the cheapest and free delivery on orders over a tenner.

Bob

Back