useless information

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More useless information :

When tea was first drunk it was expensive and drunk out of expensive china.
Tea first then milk.

Tea got cheaper and the middle classes bought a cheap mass produced China to mimic their betters.
But the cheap China could not stand hot tea hence
Milk and then tea

transatlantic":dsk74cmt said:
I always put the milk in first.

Forwhatever reason it prevents the nasty floaty oily gunk

Milk after water for me.

I think the gunk is lime scale?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Bag in mug, hot kettle water on bag, let it brew for 3 mins (ish), add milk until it's the colour of he-man, enjoy.

I like a strong cuppa, no sugar.

My favourite non British style of tea is Turkish.

sammy.se":2wj6x3ni said:
transatlantic":2wj6x3ni said:
I always put the milk in first.

Forwhatever reason it prevents the nasty floaty oily gunk

Milk after water for me.

I think the gunk is lime scale?

It is. We have soft water here and tea is nice and clear.

Ahh, I could murder a nice extraction of soluble substances in dried tea leaf, contained in a porcelain or earthenware pot, by means of freshly boiling water, pouring of the liquor into a white porcelain or earthenware bowl, examination of the organoleptic properties of the infused leaf, and of the liquor with or without milk, or both. Put kettle on, love.

burn her at the stake until she does. Worked for me :wink:

Having read through the info, I can see why the tea at the office tastes so bad. Water comes from one of those infernal 'Boiler Taps' at about 85C NOT 100C

Phil

I was tea boy for a few weeks on a civil engineering site. The water went on the little gas ring at 8.00am in a two gallon galvanised bucket, and the tea bags were thrown in at 9.30am for tea break at 10.00am. It wasn't anything like boiling then. I was there for a year, and some of the mugs weren't washed in that time. :D

phil.p":2wd7tndf said:
I was tea boy for a few weeks on a civil engineering site. The water went on the little gas ring at 8.00am in a two gallon galvanised bucket, and the tea bags were thrown in at 9.30am for tea break at 10.00am. It wasn't anything like boiling then. I was there for a year, and some of the mugs weren't washed in that time. :D
All part of building a healthy immune system :p

Back