Useless Gadgets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKTony

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm working late, monitoring fruitcakes who hack websites and bored so here goes...worst ever purchase :roll:

WoodWorking......Unicut £200 of metal junk

General........Those stupid pin hole cameras on Ebay for £40.00 never got them to work properly

Anyone else

Most useless gadgets I've ever bought are PDAs. I never seem to learn my lesson, and have had four now. Never again! I'm back on a plain paper notebook and fountain pen. Luddism rules.

As to pinhole cameras - just get the one from Polaroid, they're a great learning experience because of the instant feedback. Not cheap to run, but still worth it IMO.

I also found PDA's to be a Pain in Der Arsenic. Bought one a couple of years back 'cos I thought it would improve my image. Ha-ha-ha!

However I recently put it to good use and it's a bit of a godsend in that capacity. I bought TomTom navigator for it and it's the biz for directing me to and from people's houses. No more getting lost in a maze of streets....

Andrew

woodwork i bought a bouvet kid from ze french man at the harrogate show two years ago its a little rabbit plane i think :? well i have tried to use it once or twice and ruined the piece of wood , but it makes a good paper weight :roll:

I bought one of those little handheld steam cleaners like you see on the infomercials, not that one that looks like a penguin, but that sort of thing.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh God the shame. Only £30, but even so...

By the way, what's a Unicut (and no, this doesn't mean I want to buy it! :wink: )?

Ohhhhh.......where to start...???

cordless circular saw c/w exploding batteries..??

dovetail jig..??

Record speed clamps..??

enough already.... it's too painfull recalling the damn things...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Steam Cleaner, total rubbish but got refund after 4 months threatening

Crown miniature planes, never used them in anger.

De Walt 625 extractor hood, now on number 5....

The list goes on....

Martin

myb/q power pro 2050 router this is no 6 ,b/q dont stock them now i wonder why . but trend do they have changed the colour, will that make them last longer :roll:

Back