Used hegner price

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the reason the table is tilted is that the angle allows you see to see more looking down on the cut, if I can explain a bit more, if you sit and scroll with a flat table you are looking at the blade and th line of cut head on, if you raise the back of the table (and I have seen them at over 30 degrees), you get a much better view of where the blade is without a great deal of neck strain. Standing, and with the table at the correct height FOR YOU, and angled at around 20 degrees it practically eliminates neck strain.
Just my 'tuppence worth' but with some experience but behind it.
Don W

I agree with donwatson. Again just my own experience, but I started off with the machine bolted horizontal to the table, but after some time I've raised the back end. As Don says, I sit when scrolling, and now feel I have a better view looking down on the cut - I may even raise the back still further (just a pair of longer bolts).

But as I said before, I don't think there are any "official" rights, wrongs, or recommendations anywhere, it's simply down to each user to find his/her own "sweet spot".

Thanks all for the replies re angle etc.

Had a play last night and am having bad vibration issues (i've bolted the unit down to my workbench too), so much so that anything on the table is vibrating off it :(

No way could i rest a £1 coin on edge on table and it not fall off.

I've made a new post re this and questions about the pivot bolt if anyone has any ideas.

On another note but related to above postings i did manage to make a quick release thumbscrew for the top blade mount - the bolt is a M4 0.7 pitch one, so i purchased a suitable die and made one from ally and one from a piece of steel i had - steel one was as wasn't sure if ally ones thread would take the torque when tightening but it does - will post a pic at some point if anyone interested :)

cheers
Gary

Back