Use of sliding compound mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if he isnt the village silly person then who is :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it me ??? I bet it is me aint it :roll: Oh pipper i knew it would be me :(

Mic..

I do alot of work with green oak and allways cut lap joints and tenons with a circular saw for several reasons, first you have to pack out the fence on a scms the deeper the cut the more packing required and second green oak can be very heavy and difficult to move about it is easier to cut on a pair of tressels and trim up with a chisel.

Rich
Having followed this forum for a while now I have noticed that Dan always shows good knowledge of the subjects that he covers,so going on from this we can conclude that he would never call anyone a village silly person without consummate knowledge of what it takes to be one,as they say,the closer to home the subject,the more knowledgeable the person.

Dennis

dennis":gvfn4v06 said:
Rich
Having followed this forum for a while now I have noticed that Dan always shows good knowledge of the subjects that he covers,so going on from this we can conclude that he would never call anyone a village silly person without consummate knowledge of what it takes to be one,as they say,the closer to home the subject,the more knowledgeable the person.

Dennis

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,
Rich.

Rich,

I have to agree with Dan. Not that you are the village silly person (no-one could replace dear old Alan!), but that people should be allowed to use an alias and not reveal their identity on a public forum.

Just my opinion though.

I agree that people should be allowed to, but I do find that it seems friendlier with a name to talk to.

Roy.

Digit":3d9rijlo said:
but I do find that it seems friendlier with a name to talk to.

Absolutely Roy. However, refusing to help a fellow forum member because he hasn't signed off with his name is ridiculous IMO.

Slim":2wlvks2f said:
However, refusing to help a fellow forum member because he hasn't signed off with his name is ridiculous IMO.

Agreed, Strongly

I have NO problem at all with other peoples views on my postings, THAT is their prerogotive, I disagree with other postings and that is MY prerogotive, but I don't start calling people names, If it had been the case that Colin had lived local to me I could have popped over, or, he could have come to me, I'm not asking for a street and house No, merely a general location within the country, and if they chose to use a name such as Sid, at least I have a starting point to conduct a civil conversation, I just would'nt dream of talking to a stranger without introducing myself, it's how I was brought up

Regards,
Rich. :D

I like others might not completely agree with the way Richs initial post was worded ,but to call someone the village silly person because you do not agree with their views is completely out of order.If we all took this line the forum would end up as one long slanging match.

Dennis

Thanks for all the replies. Yes the beams will be 6" x 6" green oak so the problem isn't just the depth of cut but it's height above the table. As I said, there won't be many of these but the tenon on M&T joints would have the same problem. Think I'll try a CS with some new blades first and see how it goes.

Will be some time away yet but I heard today that I should get planning permission for it. Yippiee. See also this thread..

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24724

Can we call a halt to the name calling. Too much of that on the web. Haven't you all got chisels that need sharpening :)

Colin I apologise for your thread being hijacked and can assure you that it won't happen again from me.

Regards,
Rich.

Latest posts

Back