Use for old drill ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a small nutool bench pillar drill ( totally naf + a broken switch) which I have just replaced. It seems a shame to chuck the old one away in its entirety.... I am wondering what I could use the small and quiet motor for.... any ideas ?

I've got mine set up with a largish sanding drum and small MDF table, it's surprisingly handy to be able to go straight to it when needed and not have to bother setting up the bigger pillar drill.

Cheers, Paul

paulm":dcywksa5 said:
I've got mine set up with a largish sanding drum and small MDF table, it's surprisingly handy to be able to go straight to it when needed and not have to bother setting up the bigger pillar drill.

Cheers, Paul
+1

Stew

I did think of using it for a drum sander but if I mended or replaced the switch there are those who would say I could have mended the old drill rather than buy a new one. :)

I am wondering if the motor itself could be used though.

I use an old servis motor via a pulley to power a buffing mop. Been going for ten years now.

P1000200.JPG

As seen here:
http://owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=120505

Though I might suggest using something other than a gear for the disk, as the teeth would be killer on your knuckles.

Kirk

Latest posts

Back