USB plug chargers.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a couple of these...what do I look for re amperage figures in the unit?...a bit confusing!
...is it possible to 'over charge?'

thanks for any advice

Gerry

Quick answer, USB chargers are pretty dumb. The intelligence is in the phone or other device. So using a charger that's rated at 2.1A for a device that requires 1A isn't a problem.

USB chargers up to 2A will be dumb as John says and you don't need to worry about overcharging etc.

If your phone supports QC fast charging then you will need a suitably rated charger and they are intelligent, however I use that term very loosely, in my experience they are far from reliable in performing their intended function are very fussy about the cable you use as well. In theory they could damage a phone battery if it switched to fast charge mode on a phone that didn't support it.

We use them a lot on the boat, 3 plugged in just now. Make sure what the current output is as some are low power and not suitable for tablets/ipads etc. As said above, the 2.1 amp ones are best.

Latest posts

Back