USA Versus UK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of threads on the difference in price for tools from the USA versus buying the same thing in the UK, but I thought I would share this with anyone thats interested.

As you know from previous threads I will soon be making a new router table (inspired by Neil, Tony and James), I also want a Routalift in the new one. reading through all the threads and checking out the likes of Axminster, Rutlands I thought that the Woodpecker one looks by far the best.

In converstaion with James I sent an e-mail to Wood workers Workshop, they are the UK distributer for Woodpecker products for a costing.

The price of the Woodpecker Unilift in the USA is $299.00 and from wood Workers Wokshop in te UK 170 GBP, with an exchange rate of $1.88 the difference is approximately 16 GBP. Not to bad in my view.

Thats great, Waka - I'm very impressed with the UK price, much better than I expected. If only a) they made a metric one and b) I had £170...

Are you getting the Incra too? What a fantastic combination it would be :D

Neil

Neil

Yes going for both, I think it will make a really good combination.

Regarding inches and mm, being my age I was trained in both, bit I have to say I use inches more than I use mm, thats why I wasn't too bothered about not having a mm scale. Mind you you could always use a conversion chart.

Waka, make sure you give us all a full and detailed review in due course! Please.
Enjoy the RT build.

Noel

Waka,

I too was of the era of both measurement systems. Sometimes i can come up with both in the same

"29 inches and 6mm" confusing but it works for me.

Aidan

Aidan":284txpep said:
I too was of the era of both measurement systems. Sometimes i can come up with both in the same

"29 inches and 6mm" confusing but it works for me.
Thank goodness; I though it was just me. :oops: I have no excuse, I was brought up exclusively in metric, but it's all gone to pot 'cos of the 'Murrican 'fluence. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

I'm with waka brought up with both and have worked in both for longer than I care to think about. I tend to use the most appropreate system for whatever I am doing. It confuses the hell out of the young ens who dont know what an inch is :D

Bean

Bean":5ucxv3ay said:
It confuses the hell out of the young ens who dont know what an inch is :D

I find that at work as well. :roll:

I have a long running topic of conversation about real pennies, sixpences and throoppenny bits, I suppose it's to be expected when most of them are about the same age as our own kids. :shock:

dave its bringing tears to my eyes ,the farthing and the silver joey the groat god i think i went back to far then :wink: :wink:

Yep - and the tanner, two-bob bit, half-a-crown and the ten-bob note (= 180 old pennies in total, or 75 new pees). Much better than all the pees we have now - albeit my offspring don't understand me! :roll: :lol:

Cheers,

Trev.

Hang on can I hear the Mike Sams singers doing sing something simple? :shock:

Oh no reality check, got to get the laminate floor down in the hall. :roll: :x :roll:

Trev, Did you really get 180 pence for ten bob, or 75 new pees? Our money changers were much meaner than yours

jamar you do belive every thing your wife says dont you :? :wink: :wink: make sure she is not watching what answer you give now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back