UPVC exterior door stop?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonzjob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, France. Now Corston Malmesbury
We have just had a new kitchen door fitted and I'm trying to work out how to hold it in the open position? It opens outward and when open the bottom of the door is approx 5 1/2" off of the path. The door is glazed top and bottom and the center bar is in line with the window ledge.

I was thinking of making a wooden stop to go under the door, but I think that it would be just too big. I can't put a post outside because it would be in the path around the house and someone is bound to go arm over tip over it.

Any idea anyone please?

Thank you for the quick reply. There is a travel restricter on the top of the door, but that only stops it from opening too far.

I had thought about the possibility of a hook and eye going from the door to the window ledge, but I don't know if it would be strong enough. There tends to be some gusty winds in the corner where it is.

A bike kick down would look a bit odd and quite chunky. SWMBO would not approve me-thinks?

No sooner done than said Droogs. Quite why they have shown horizontally? but if you click on them they will show correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_3907.JPG
    IMG_3907.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3908.JPG
    IMG_3908.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 184
Jonzjob":2h7wjtw6 said:
…..Quite why they have shown horizontally? but if you click on them they will show correctly.
That's because it was the orientation you took the images on your EDS80, the forum software assumes that is the orientation you wish to show it.

The image on your computer and the linked enlargement is handled by your Browser and uses the EXIF data to turn the image to that it assumes needed for normal viewing.

To show attachments in a different orientation you need to manipulate them in image software and remove any EXIF information attached to the image file relating to its original orientation.

Fits in yer crack sir

outdoor-door-stop.jpg

french-patio-door-stop-holder-4.jpg

patio-door-stops-1.jpg

Attachments

• outdoor-door-stop.jpg
    outdoor-door-stop.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 155
  • french-patio-door-stop-holder-4.jpg
    french-patio-door-stop-holder-4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 173
  • patio-door-stops-1.jpg
    patio-door-stops-1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 191
Ta for the explanation Chas.

Nev, I'm shocked, truely shocked. Fits me crack indeed, but I do like the cementocrete jnoum idea :mrgreen:

I have lashed out and ordered a couple of cabin hooks. One for the kitchen door and the other for the shed door. SWMBO is always 'letting me know' that the one on there is not suitable :(

Back