Uploadit.org

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Can somebody who is a paid up member of Uploadit please check if they can sign in?
I get this - Couldn't connect to database server: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)

In my ignorance of such matters just want to know if it's me or them.

TIA

Noel

Cheers for that. Not just me then.

Noel

Me too, Noel - and I've got a big post waiting for Roger's garden gate post - grrrrrrr! :evil:

Neil

Up and running again.

Noel, who's sitting down...

I got one image up, then it croaked again :(

Thumbs up to the support, though - they responded in 10 minutes. Not bad for something costing £5/month

Neil

£5/Month!!!! You were robbed. £5 per 12 months, but then I guess I'm a very special customer.....

Rgds

Noel

Oops :oops: - of course, what I meant to say was £5/year...

Its been a long day...

Neil

And it's just croaked on me again.

Noel

Hi there, I have got the same message also, but then I haven't been able to get a photo on since I joined. Kept getting getting The page cannot be displayed. Cannot find server or DNS error. Help line said if it isn't loaded in 10 minutes this will happen(called a Time Out) to which I replied So why does it do it after just 3 minutes?. I sent them a copy of a photo via email and they loaded it and said it is a problem my end. My friend also loaded some for me, so maybe it is me. Am going on broadband as soon as it come into the village and hope that will cure it. In the meantime I am on photobucket and am having no problems loading
Cheers Alan.

Hi Alan, I've never had a problem until today and I'm on dial-up. But if photobucket is working for you, I would stick with it!

Noely, I managed (with a LOT of hassle) to upload all three of the images I needed to post. Accessing them once they are uploaded doesn't seem to be a problem, fortunately...

Neil

If anyone wants a 'temporary' parking ground for images, at my last count I seem to have at least 10 potential sites I can use (sad, I know) so you can always email 'em to me and I can stick them up somewhere.

Well, perhaps I'll recommend my #1 favourite - www.pbase.com

It's reliable, and does plenty of the hard work of resizing the images for you.

If anyone needs hosting of photos - just drop me an email with the image - and I'll host it and send you the link to add to your post.

Adam

Back