Upgrade to Windows XP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently run Windows 2000 pro but have been given a MP3 player which needs XP for the software. Is the upgrade fairly simple or am I likely to have loads of problems with drivers etc.

TIA

John

Should be easy enough, also XP comes with pretty well every driver you need for most things.

Windows Vista will probably be released later this year which as the replacement for XP might be worth waiting for, especially as official support for XP Home is due to finish at the end of this year - although on past evidence, this is likely to be extended.

Thanks Chris, looking at the cost of XP upgrade and the cost of another basic PC with XP installed I might go that route. I could use the second Pc as backup then.

John

John

Don't forget that you rarely get a complete copy of XP when you buy a bundled computer..just some recovery disks from the PC manufacturer. usually OK but I personally prefer having a proper copy of XP. That way I can rebuild the PC if I have to.

Back