Updated pics of my workshop + kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nicely finished on the inside.
Exciting times :D

Keep us updated, always nice to see how others layout their workshop.

Thanks,

One problem I do have is that I decided I wouldn't seal the ply with PVA/water mix before painting - big mistake! On a couple of the panels, the grain (sap?) is showing through as a dark brown smudge/stain despite many coats of paint.

Any clues as to the best way to seal this so I can apply another coat or two of matt white paint? - would pva do it now over the top, or should I treat it with some kind of aluminium based undercoat?

Ta.

Hi Digizz

It looks great, you don't see too many purpose built workshops about. Now take a last look at all that space you have and start thinking about how you are going to extend it. A workshop is never big enough (except possible Charley's ). But seriously, it really looks great.

Best of luck

John

Digizz,

The workshop looks fabulous - I am insanely jealous, you have done a fantastic job. The HMS260ci looks fantastic too - I feel for Adam having to look at this. Adam, have you had to put off delivery of yours until you have recovered?

Its very interesting to see all the camera settings listed for all your images too

NeilCFD

Thanks - forgot I had the EXIF camera data enabled - by looking at it I realised I had some of the settings wrong - doh!

Digizz,

It's a great looking workshop!

Sorry I am no help on the sealing problem. Maybe a DYI or building forum would have more input for this sort of thing.

Neil":2k7agl5i said:
The HMS260ci looks fantastic too - I feel for Adam having to look at this. Adam, have you had to put off delivery of yours until you have recovered?

Superb! It really is coming together! My HMS260ci is waiting at the shop, we've agreed for delivery next week, they are going to set it up, and then put it exactly where I "point". Absolutely no effort required from me, other than to unlock the workshop door (I'd already cleared a space). If I'm not up to that, I'll send the missus down with the keys!

Adam

Digizz":1ogr0owd said:
Thanks,

One problem I do have is that I decided I wouldn't seal the ply with PVA/water mix before painting - big mistake! On a couple of the panels, the grain (sap?) is showing through as a dark brown smudge/stain despite many coats of paint.
Ta.
I had the same prob some time back and sealed the offending patch with some good old gloss gloss white paint, 2 coats (oil based) when dry lightly rub to key surface and repaint with the finish of your choice. Works everytime so far.
Nice workshop, I want one!!
Best Regards
John

Digizz,

Holy smoke, that's one smart workshop. :shock: All the spiders that inhabit mine would be wiping their feet before they came in. :lol: I bet you can't wait to get it all set up and working.

Just a trifle green, Alf

I've already spotted several spiders exploring - I'm keeping an eye on them ;)

Yes - can't wait to get in - Just the bench and TS2500 to come yet (4 weeks or so) :(

Nice place to work Digizz. Seems to be lots of natural light bouncing around.

Wonder how long it will be before you put a plank through one of those nice big windows? :wink: I've managed it with much smaller windows.

Regards

Roy

Digizz,

I in my last workshop I put in double glazed windows. They are much harder to break than normal single glass panes. 8)

Nice workshop, but it will not be big enough once all of the (toys) tools are installed, DAMHIKT. :shock:

Digzze use oil based under coat that will seal the stains ,or put a cupboard in front of it :p .

frank

Hey Digizz,

Any follow up pictures now you are up-and-running? I'd be interested to see how you layed things out - and how you got on with the electrics etc.

Adam

Hi Adam,

I'll try and get some done this weekend - Electrics are great and have been working well. The whole workshop is a great success too - very pleased with it.

I'll have to post some pics of my first project, the coffee table, too.

Paul.

Latest posts

Back