Update on my recent Festool saw problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the saw back today (2.5 weeks). No paperwork apart from a delivery note from the shop. Plugged it in and tried it and guess what, same problem still in evidence. I think it was working slightly better but there's obviously some wobble in the saw blade's motion because as the blade leaves the wood at the end of the cut it takes a little bit more out of the left side. Thus a ruler held along the cut edge will show a gap for the last few millimetres

I rang the service agents (who are also the shop where I bought it), and they are having it picked up and will send it back to Minden's (the main agents) and will pay close attention to its progress through their workshop

I'm not in the least surprised that this has happened. It's a bit like going to the doctor, when you go back the second time saying that it hasn't got any better they take more notice than they do the first time.

I'll let them have another go but if it comes back unfixed again then......

It's a good job I bought that second Festool saw when I did

John

Write down the serial number before you let them have it back.

WellJohn just to add a note to this post - I collected my Festool 55 plunge saw today, and checked its motor out. It ~ " rumbles " when set on 1 and 2 , but it stops when on 3 or higher.
Must be a design fault.
Just a paasing gloat - at the same time I got the new INLINE sander , will try it out when back in Amsterdam and give a short review.

ta ra for now folks :)

Back