up date

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
my saw is AWVFS variable speed fretsaw 700153, i havent used it much and the blade clamp thing wouldnt tighten, so they sent me another one to i fitted it ! right are wrong i think it was right was on phone with guys from axminster, still it wouldnt close for the blade to sit in, so they are sending me another, dont understand why this one wouldnt work, its a pain, and stopping me from doing something i want to do, only had few hours on it,,,thinking in a way would it have bin better to get a better saw ? are can you buy the better clamp things for it ? shouldnt have to really ,,,, :(

Take the blade clamp thing off the saw and have a practice tightening the blades in it. :idea:

There's a point near the open end of the clamp that tightens before the gap at the back nearer the grub screw and that's where you want to set the blade.
(If that makes any sense whatsoever)

Or...use pinned blades :)

aww thanks i will try tomz, i did try closing the new clamp they sent but it wouldnt i will have another look tomz, they are seding me 2 new ones

Hi Tracey,

Sorry to hear you are having problems - I guess it is like the folk on here said (and even the chap I spoke to at Axminster) stuff from China is rubbish really. :cry: Sadly, though, for the likes of you and I it is all we can afford, so we have to try and make do.

I had problems tightening my bottom clamp after a short while, and (taking into account the 'allen key bolt' problem) came to the conclusion that an adaptation, as suggested by Hawkinbob, was the way to go. I spent this afternoon carrying out said adaptation and, fingers crossed, it seems to have worked so far.

Good luck with the new clamps, and carry on sawing!

Chris

hi chris yes you right me an you have to make do ,will be ok i hope ,,,, i dont think i will be able to do what you have done, will have to see how i go with new ones, its not as though i was on in that long ? oh well, hope your adaptation works :)
take good care and chat soon
tracey

thats it i give up !! i am very thick are just doing something soooooo wrong, i tryed putting new clamp in an same thing has happened it wont tighten an just keeps turning , second one i have tryed so fed up now , maybe its not for me, :( :(

hi martyn i not sure will try tomz got go work soon,,,, i dont want to give up, i prob thick an put it in wrong way if there is a wrong way i would find it lol thanks for taking time to comment :)

Back