Up and running again!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I've moved house (again) this week. I'm knackered.
When I moved in there was no gas or electricity on, and only cold water, let alone phone and internet access. But now I have all of them. Internet is via a smartphone, so it's a tad slow, but, as you can see, I am back in the land of the connected. Being without email is like living in the dark ages!
In the move, my Mac got poorly and has had to go to hospital, so I'm working on an ancient laptop.
All I have to do now is to empty 200 cardboard boxes...
S

Cowboy _Builder":d9hr65be said:
,he's moved to Kirkby it has less atmosphere than the Moon .

Nothin wrong with Kirkby youth, even got a new Aldi.

Drop me a PM where abouts you are Steve, the Badger box is OK for a pie & a pint.

Cheers.

I fear you might be right.
Although it's not dead, by any means. I've never heard so many blues and twos in my life as I have in the last 3 days...
I filled up with petrol today. The filling station had a security guard on the door. Yes, really.
I went to take today's orders to the Post Office. It's a PortaCabin. They knocked the old one down to build a Morrison's.
With the exception of Morrison's, which, I have to say is excellent (they have fresh turmeric root - I've never seen that before, as well as vegetables I've never heard of, let alone seen), the whole place does have an air of decay. I don't understand the exotic veg market. This is white working-class territory, not the cosmopolitan ethnic urbanity of Nottingham.

I've discovered that the previous occupants upped and left in the middle of the night and are being chased by debt-collectors. I assume that means my credit rating is now zero. They also left a load of nappies in the bin - Yuk!

But the neighbours are friendly and I overlook fields opposite and behind. That bit is good.

Doug - where is Aldi, I haven't found that? Their chocolate is excellent.

S

It`s on Urban road Steve.

Millers is good for an evening of the blues, but the pubs can be a tad rough, best going out of town.

Cheers.

Doug B":dbtfr9i6 said:
It`s on Urban road Steve.

Millers is good for an evening of the blues, but the pubs can be a tad rough, best going out of town.

Cheers.
You could try the "Duke Of Devonshire" thats a quiet pub ....I used own the Countryman pub just down the road from the Duke ,but thats a food pub now .
When i'm in the UK I live in Sutton near BJ carpets ,where in Kirkby are you Steve ?

:)

I've just had 2 very large, very bald Men In Black at the front door, asking to speak with the previous tenant...
At least I didn't have to prove that I am not he!

Well, at least you're not going to suffer the fate of a friend of mine who let out her flat to a very dubious Middle Eastern gentleman. When she went round to check on a few things as she was intending to sell it, the door was opened by a completely different Middle Eastern gentleman who demanded to know who she was. Fortunately she had her 6ft 5 in business partner with her and so they gained entry but the Middle Eastern bloke refused to let them into the kitchen. Eventually she managed to gain possession after going through the courts.

Did the place up, left the keys with the estate agent and returned to Bristol where she was then living. Next day she gets a call from a DI who tells her that she has ten minutes to get round with the keys otherwise they were going to break in. Luckily the agent was able to get round in time. The Old Bill searched the place high and low but didn't seem to find anything.

She did have the old address of the original Middle Eastern gent and was delighted to give it to them. Said gent was deported but then allegedly according to the neighbours was seen going back into the common parts rifling through the mail a few weeks later. When she alerted the Old Bill to this fact, they commented that they simply had many too many to keep an eye on.

Good luck with this new house/area, might I suggest making any exterior buildings/workshops overly secure - from the sounds of it you might get some unwanted 'guests' once word gets out about tools and bits being used. Fields or no fields, the idiocy and nerve of the average scrote these days seems unlimited.

Back