Unusual stainless tenon saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob1693

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought this recently richard mather and sons tenon saw. cant seem to find much out about it marked made for DBC , it has sharpened up and cuts well ,can any one shed any light

Attachments

• 20210414_164338.jpg
    20210414_164338.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 56
Certainly not a surgeons saw. They don't have wooden handles.
Danish Bacon Company sound right.

Meat saws are usually a frame saw, not definitive, but I've yet to come across a tenon saw in the meat trade.
Tenderloin saw 🤪 :LOL:

Seriously. Saw teeth for lamb are small closer to the teeth on a hacksaw in size and appearance, generally the teeth are large on bonesaws, more all round specially for working on beef. Pig saws can be longer than general or lamb saws.
Not mine, but this is what older butchery saws looked like.
s-l1600.jpg

Certainly not a surgeons saw. They don't have wooden handles.
Danish Bacon Company sound right.
I meant a special saw made for an occasion. I had a 3" Marples "gunstockers" chisel which was bronze plated for a celebratory event - can't remember what the event was and the very thin plating has worn off.

Found a few other references to danish bacon company and a post in here from 2015 for a simarlar saw marked the same but with stainless saw nuts,mine are brass, likewise don't think its a meat saw, also found some references to william marples making stainless back saws guess it didn't take off little too aggressive on your saw files for my liking see how long it lasts between sharpenings

I meant a special saw made for an occasion. I had a 3" Marples "gunstockers" chisel which was bronze plated for a celebratory event - can't remember what the event was and the very thin plating has worn off.
I suppose that's possible, maybe to celebrate the surgeon's 1000th amputation.;)

Back