Unusual request!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnold9801

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to construct an enlarged model of a glass honey jar for an up and coming agricultural show. It's to help us illustrate the breakdown of nectar components in a typical jar of honey to help educate children and adults.

The plan is to make this dummy jar as large as possible to assist in catching the attention of visitors to the display.

I've had many thoughts about scratch building it from bending a thin sheet of very clear sheeting, but don't think this would work.

I'm pretty certain such a large model of a glass jar is lurking about somewhere in which case if someone knows where one possibly be located, could they possibly sign post me to a good point of contact?

I wish I knew of someone working for a TV company that works in producing display items for television programmes, but I don't!

Many thanks.

Many years a ago my dad worked at foster wheeler engineering in London and used to visit Neal's yard in Paddington I think, where there was a health food shop selling peanut butter in a jar I'm guessing 12" tall.

It may have been smaller just like the Waitrose cookies but it was a large jar so you can get them!

https://nealsyardlondon.co.uk/history/
7lb jar so not that big oh well!

Might not be if any use btw!!!

Largest I could find 7L....

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Symple-St...MPdYw_49t2N149odd-mjw1dHT-mgsUghoCrXEQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
You could make it out of acrylic that you have heat formed over a mould. Create a cylinder and the base top etc and glue them with super glue. would take a while though

132795_1_800.jpeg

Could get in touch with local glass blowers see if they'd be interested in custom making something? Might cost a pretty penny . They might want their name on it for advertising purposes ? Could be worth trying to get it in the local newspaper ? That way maybe they'd do it cheaper for the publicity??

Back