Unknown Cramps/Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanA

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

I've inhereted a pile of tools following my grandfather downsizing, and there are a couple of odd cramp like devices that look to be for some specific purpose - problem is I'm not sure what the purpose is!

Does anyone recognise these or know what they are for? Some of them only tighten so far and don't fully close, so I wonder if I'm missing bits.
IMG_20200822_183721418.jpg
IMG_20200822_183712024.jpg
IMG_20200822_183744064.jpg
IMG_20200822_183729136.jpg

Thanks,
Duncan

The one in the third picture is a corner cramp for picture frames. The straight bar fits in the rebate where any crushing of the wood won't show and tightens two mitred ends together.

The first one I don't recognise but I guess it might have been for clamping something to a table top. I've got something similar to hold a hand powered grinder in place.

And the valve compressing tool is firmly in the category of things that look like they will come in handy but never do. I've had one for years and am still waiting!

Thank you both! Can't imagine myself ever needing to use the valve tool, could find a use for those framing cramps though. Using them in the rebate makes so much sense, I thought they might be for mitres but couldn't work that angle out.

I'll keep the other one out for now and see if I can figure it out. Maybe something will turn up to go with it that makes sense. The "Anglo" name doesn't seem to help unfortunately.

Back