• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Union Jubilee lathe parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DW54VER

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am building my workshop up in my garage since I retired 12 months ago, adding new tools and machines which is great.

one of the machines I have is a very old Union jubilee wood lathe which I want to restore and convert so that I can use it in my garage on single phase 240 volt supply.

All is going well, I think. However, I still need to find:-

1. A banjo which is sometimes referred to as a cross slider as it crosses/slides across the lathe bed with a tool rest to help carry out wood turning. If you have one or knowsomeone who has one please get in touch.

2. Although not critical, I would like to feel bud the sanding platform, also referred to as a sanding table which sits in the outside tool rest holder.

3. I have two motors, a single phase 240 volt motor and, a 3 phase 415volt motor which is no use to me for the restoration or conversion so, if the latter is of benefit to you then please get in touch. If you have a dual voltage motor you don’t need maybe we could swap?

4. I will require an inverter and a friend has suggested a Mitsubishi as he has two he uses and they suit him perfectly.

Other than that, if you have some other parts for the Jubilee please get in touch.

best wishes,
David

Invertek are worth looking at for inverters too. They are made in Wales, support is good and well made at a much lower price; i have 2 in the shop, soon 3 and haven't had an issue that wasn't my own fault yet

Latest posts

Back