• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Union Graduate Wood Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith 66

Established Member
Reaction score
Union Graduate 2.JPG
Union Graduate, its an ex school machine that has seen little use, Its too big for what i ever need to turn and its taking up space that is better utilised! It has a big selection of faceplates, a three jaw chuck & various jaws, revolving centres, drill chuck, driving centres, short & long turning rests, bowl turning rests, rear turning gear as well, Sanding disc & table to go on the rear. A Good selection of chisels to go with it. In short a complete set up ready to go! Its three phase but could run off a phase converter or be swapped to single phase. Price drop to £850 ono
Its in South Essex & can be seen running if required.

Attachments

• Union Graduate 2.JPG
    Union Graduate 2.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 2,273
Faceplates, around £30 -£40 each
Chuck, £50 or so, depending on type ( looks like a metalworking chuck but still very useful for holding home made screw chuck, pin chuck, drill bits etc). If it's a wood chuck plus jaws then probably worth £150 or more
Revolving centre, drill chuck, bowl rest - easily worth another £50
Sanding table, I have seen these fetch £80 on ebay.
Chisels included - got to be worth £10 each, possiblity much more depending on type and make
Plus everything else you need - no need to search for bits such as rests.
I know the final value does not always equal the sum of the parts etc, but you could sell on surplus faceplates and get over £100 back easily I would expect.

Question - why has nobody grabbed this? Sounds like a very, very good deal. I love my graduate, and if I didn't already have one I would buy this, no hesitation.

K

Why thank you! Re the chuck, i am not sure what make it is as there do not seem to be any markings on it, Its actually a 4 jaw & came with the lathe & im pretty sure it was original equipment. It is definately a woodturning chuck as it takes the standard axminster jaws of which there are several sets, faceplates must be 9 of them.
I must say i am staggered it hasnt gone, its also advertised on homeworkshop & usually stuff sells realy well on there if well priced.
I can only think that in this day & age with the amount of cheap chinese stuff about people would rather buy new!

Keith 66":6do8khbv said:
Re the chuck, i am not sure what make it is as there do not seem to be any markings on it, Its actually a 4 jaw & came with the lathe ......It is definately a woodturning chuck as it takes the standard axminster jaws

It looks to be the chuck Axminster used to market as the ‘super precision’ chuck. A superb chuck (I have a couple) and as you say, compatible with all the current jaws range. At the time a £100+ chuck and now I would suggest comparable with their evolution chuck st £200 (with the advantage of interchange back plate so can be moved to different lathes with minimal hassle)

market-place-rules-guidelines-please-read-before-posting-t54359.html

5 –Allowed Sales Posts.
Members may not submit items currently offered on other public sites such as eBay, Gumtree or sites of that nature or use UKW to promote or mention their current or future sales elsewhere. This includes digital and/or print media.
As a general rule an item or items that have been submitted to the For Sale board should not be entered concurrently elsewhere but a certain moderating tolerance may be in evidence at times, furthermore members should not mention that their item/s will be listed for sale on such sites in the event that their items fail to sell here.

Latest posts

Back