Unilift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently boght a Unilift from Roger and was well looked after, he even procured the template for me and sent it asap asking only that I return it when done, great service and good price.
The Unilift is a superb bit of kit, beautifulluy engineered and a plaeasure to use.
Regards
martin

WiZeR":2mv0jxi5 said:
could i ask what a unilift is?

A unilift is a device for the router table, you attach the router to the kit and it enables you to raise and lower the router from above the table.
Its made by an American Company called Woodpeckers and it is my understanding that Roger from Woodworkers Workshop is the only distributor in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong).

Probably the best made router lift on the market.
See pic.
Unilift-003.jpg

I've never seen a review for the Unilift but I have seen good magazine reviews about the Rout R Lift which is on my shopping list for next month.

Has anyone compared the Unlilift side by side with the Rout R Lift.

Jeff

Mdotflorida said:
I've never seen a review for the Unilift but I have seen good magazine reviews about the Rout R Lift which is on my shopping list for next month.
/quote]

Jeff
You can have a play with the Unilift when you come next week, as far as a comparison review goes I'm not sure that has been done.
My choice for the Unilift as apposed to the Rout-R-lift (which was the road I was going down) was the precision engineeringand robustness. I'll let you make up your own decision.

How much is this Router lift?
AND
Does the free delivery apply to the republic of Ireland?

Is there a list of Routers it is suitable for? I mean by suitable no drilling required.

Well, if James in making subtle ( :wink:) hints about reviews...
GW146 review of the Uni Lift, GW116 review of the Axminster Routalift, which is pretty much a clone of the Jessem Rout R Lift.

Of the two, as Waka rightly says, the Unilift is the far better of them, but they both reduce the maximum plunge available as they have to fit to a secondary sub base to allow the raising mechanism to work.
Of course, I wouldn't be doing my job properly if I didn't muddy the waters more by saying that next issue has a review of a new router (based on an old, but superb design) with some top notch features that may have you all thinking again! :D

Andy

American Woodworker March 2005 is a router special and has reviewed 12 router lifts.

They've categorised their recommendations by router power and whether the router is a fixed-base or plunge router. The Unilift is the best bet for a plunge router, they say. The Rout-R-Lift FX is 'the best value in this size of lift' (1-3/4 to 2 1/4 fixed base router) and current favourite for the one-router shop. They also seem to suggest that the Rout-R-Lift FX is for fixed base only.

Thoroughly recommend you reading this copy of the magazine.

andy king":1k6ayyr9 said:
Of the two, as Waka rightly says, the Unilift is the far better of them, but they both reduce the maximum plunge available as they have to fit to a secondary sub base to allow the raising mechanism to work.
Andy

Andy

You are right about the plunge depth, but this is where the Xtreme Xtention comes into its own.

OK back in hiding again.

but this is where the Xtreme Xtention comes into its own.

Again Waka, pefectly correct, and reviewed in issue 146 at the same time as the Uni. :D :D :D (Charley, we need an emoticon shaped like a plug!)
The best extension out there, leaves the rest standing, both in ease of use and the safety aspect!
Every home should have one!

Andy

Waka

With your Xtreme Xtension is there any increase in vibration (even by a slight amount)?

What was the largest diameter cutter that you've used with it?

Cheers

Roger

andy king":1jep7cns said:
Charley, we need an emoticon shaped like a plug!
plug.gif

Not exactly right, but it does have a plug and the dodgy halo does go nicely with some dodgy plugging... :p :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Roger Sinden":1cok6s9k said:
Waka

With your Xtreme Xtension is there any increase in vibration (even by a slight amount)?

What was the largest diameter cutter that you've used with it?

Cheers

Roger

Roger

I can't say I've noticed any vibration, the biggest router piece I've had in there is the panel cutter from my sstile and rail set. mind you this is used on the lowest speed setting of the router taking very fine cuts.

Just to throw a spanner in the works you could build my router table which overcomes most of the problems associated with a router table and you can remove your router again in less the 6 seconds. What you see in the photos is the bottom of the router
full drawings are in GWW but someone else will need to help with the issue number as I am not home at present

Ian
2004_0531Image0090.jpg

2004_0531Image0096.jpg

2004_0531Image0098.jpg

Back