Unidentified Tool - Anyone Know What This is Off?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_Mc

Established Member
Reaction score
Found this during a tidy up and can't for the life of me remember or work out what its off. Obviously it's some kind of fence ... but from what ?????

unidentified1.JPG

unidentified2.JPG

Answers on a postcard ...

Attachments

• unidentified1.JPG
    unidentified1.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 331
  • unidentified2.JPG
    unidentified2.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 353
I don't recognise it, but it looks fairly modern, so I don't think it's from a hand tool. It might be a rebating fence from an electric planer.

The clamp isn't sprung at all.

To give an idea of scale, the length of the fence is roughly 4 1/2" long and my gut feels more like it's off a hand tool rather than anything electric ... but what ??? Unless anyone recognises it I guess we will never know. :(

Rebating guide for the RB10 style of planes.
Clamps into the open side of mouth not being used.
Cheers Andy
Ps fence should be on other side of clamp.

It's a good job one of us knows what he's talking about!

My excuse is that I have the plane but no fence. :)

AndyT":ount6kn0 said:
It's a good job one of us knows what he's talking about!

My excuse is that I have the plane but no fence. :)

No excuses needed Andy 8)
Took me years to find the answer myself even though I had purchased a brand new one in the eighties which did not have this accessory with it :roll:
Ps not sure how you get on with yours but mine (with orange detailing) failed me big time :cry:

For some reason I have seen a few used ones for sale recently. I had been wondering if they were a useful tool but after the last couple of comments I will give it a miss.

Back