Unicut Radial saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen
Has anybody had any experience with Hegnars Unicut, it looks like a good idea but who knows :?

Anyone with any advice :)

Bean

As I'm looking to sell one I shouldn't say this, but - don't touch it with a barge pole.

These things are sold as a 'Precision Instrument' and that's the last thing they are. If my experience of this machine is typical I would say that it is impossible for the machine to carry out the various cross cut , ripping and router operations as advertised to any reasonable tolerance, in any plane.

Like a lot of these sort of compromises, they look and sound good in the advertising blurb- particularly at the price! And it's so easy to be seduced into thinking that it's value for money whereas the reality is they're expensive mistakes.

Quite rightly, "Caveat Emptor" remains the watchword but, FWIW, beware of falling into the trap of thinking this machine is the answer to your shop's needs. In fact, the only similarity between the Unicut and 'separte tools that perform the same functions accurately' is that they all produce the same amount of sawdust . . .

. . . if you wish to make me an offer for the Unicut . . .

PeterW[/i][/b]

Back