Unhappy Chappy.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I've pressed two of my 4 doors for this 'ere curved Mackintosh-style wardrobe. I was cleaning the first one up while the second was cooking in the bag, when I noticed the edge wasn't straight. Not just a bit off but very curved. Now I know these are supposed to be curved, but not in the vertical direction. I discovered that my former has bowed. These doors are unuseable and I'm going to have to make a new mould from scrratch. Anyone had any experience of large formers? I've got to take the whole lot to the tip.

I think I'll make the next former as a torsion box. Any help, guys?
Steve
Gutted

Steve,

That is absolutely rotten luck, I really do know how you feel having once pressed an expensive curved surface myself - was supposed to be straight!

I don't have an answer to yor question though - you might find one here http://www.vacupress.com/forum.htm the company was once helpful to me in the dim and distant.

Thanks Chris
I've posted a plea, see if anyone has any ideas.
I think I'm going to leave this now, I can't face it. Maybe after I come back off holiday. Even that doesn't seem so exciting right now :cry:

At it was 2 not all four, and I hadn't veneered them in qtr-sawn oak yet, this is just the core. Grateful for small mercies and all that.

Cheers
Steve

Back