Unfinished/Unstarted Projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many (major) projects did you manage this year

• 2 or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5

• 5-8

• 8-12

• 12+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
As its almost New Year, and my opportunities for woodworking are almost over, mainly due to achohol-related events, I am thinking back to last New Years and the list of projects I had for 2003.

Unstarted - Fitted shelves in the front room
Unstarted - Cabinet for TV/DVD player etc
Unstarted - Bottom half of dresser in front room
Unstarted - Wardrobe for spare room
Unstarted - Coffee table for me
Unstarted - Coffee table for sister.

In Progress - Shelves to match Bedhead
In Progress - Oak box for camera equipment.

Finished - Top half of dresser in front room
Finished - Bedhead in Oak/Walnut
Finished - Outside wood store

So basically it looks like I haven't done anything this year, although thats mainly due to the massive landscaping I did on the garden, which was every evening/weekend from February to July.

Does anyone else feel like the list of projects they have to do seems to grow at a faster rate than they can complete them?

A_L

asleitch":2fdvqjnn said:
Does anyone else feel like the list of projects they have to do seems to grow at a faster rate than they can complete them?
Does Norm use a table saw? :lol:

This year has been truly disastrous for me. Not one single "proper" project even started, never mind finished. A few boxes, turned stuff and the odd workshop project but not the Coffee-table-that-never-is. Oh well, that's only the fifth or sixth year... :oops: No prizes for guessing my new year's resolution. Oh and then there's the box of rust that's accumulated. Used to be that I wouldn't hunt for more until I'd cleaned up the last lot; not any more. :oops: I dunno, why am I embarassing myself like this anyway? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Join the club. I'm a fully paid up life member of the no time, couldn't be bothered, I'll do that next, must get started on this project etc, etc club.
But I have a tiny excuse, which is fast runnig thin. We started building our house in 1994, moved in Dec 1995 (we're talking last century here) and I think it was be totally finished in about a weeks time. About a days worth of skirting should see it complete. During the last 8 years I've also had to spend an awful lot of time outfitting the workshop. You know, cabinets, benches, machinery etc. Then, of course, when the weather is good, have to play golf and landscaping the garden, the list just goes on and on.
So, very few projects, well, no real projects in fact and 2004 is not looking good - it's loft conversion time!
Like Alf, it's so easy just to spend alot of time in the workshop and not actually do anything other than maintenance, testing tools, refurbishing tools, modifying tools, admiring tools.............

Rgds

Noel

Noely":or0tb2f1 said:
Like Alf, it's so easy just to spend alot of time in the workshop and not actually do anything other than maintenance, testing tools, refurbishing tools, modifying tools, admiring tools.............
If only I'd been doing that I would have considered it a year well spent. Too much not being in the workshop at all :cry:

Cheers, Alf
Occasionally visiting the workshop just to remind the bench that I do actually exist and don't just come on high days and holidays like some obscure cousin. :?

finished fire surround
corner tv stand
hi fi stand
workbench
4 drawer king size bed
2 bed side cabinets
kitchen cubboard doors in a/white oak
large dog kennel
chest
trinket box (sapele)
jigs for t/s and wood rat

unfinished chest of drawers

to make wardrobes

ps are we all gunners . i'm gunner do this and i'm gunner do that :shock:

storage / coffee table
mobile chop saw station
3 large shooting boards
blanket chest
drawer frame jig
booster shelf / wall mounted mini shelves for DVD / surround sound
(in progres) bookcases from hell...(mom's xmas prezzy)

My list is not as long:
My workshop (including windows and double doors).
A shed (no garden tools in my workshop!! :wink: )
Tools cabinet
Workbench
...and more over christmas :D

But hey, I managed to get married in the middle of it all, it must count for something :!:

Impressive list Franck. May 2004 bring you ALL happiness in the workshop.

Frank,

I now know how you managed to burn the motor
out on your saw :lol:

Me now let me see....

1. Cabinet under bathroom sink Finished
2. Cabinet for front room Finished
3. 2 Small side tables for front room, still got to fix the tops down :oops:
4. Hard wood floor in front room, bit tenuous that one but it did use wood
5. Storage bins for the workshop, loads of em! On going
6. Lining trailer with ply as the thing was so weak, finished
7. Fixed the microwave, well it is in the workshop, but it was only a fuse :wink:
8. Modified an old wardrobe to be used as a comms cabinet in my office
9. Toliet roll holder and towel rail, still unfinished since january but hey weve sold our house now so who cares :lol:

Hey I sold my self short. I only registered 3-5

Signal

Back