Underbench cabinet: final pictures of stage one

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Cohen (Perth Oz)

Established Member
Reaction score
These are final pictures of Stage One. "Stage One" - what does that mean? Well, the first step is to build the cabinet under the bench. The second stage will be to fit out the drawers for the tools. I plan to do some of the latter shortly, and some later. I will post these as they are done. For now, here is the underbench cabinet ...

The rear, before the back was installed ...

3.jpg

The front. The ring pulls are antiqued brass (they are not shiny). I need to work them a little more to remove the still-new look. These were chosen as they drop down and do not project out from the front of the cabinet ...

2a.jpg

Under the bench ...

4.jpg

The bench top received a little flattening, and a single coat of danish oil ...

5.jpg

Someone is sure to ask why the cabinet is low. The answer is that there needs to be space for hold downs ...

9.jpg

The drawers manage about 90% extension ...

6.jpg

One of the first fit outs will involve this set of Kiyohisa bench chisels I have been collecting one-by-one (these are no longer available) ...

7.jpg

And here is one of the small drawers ...

8.jpg

Thanks for supporting the build to date. Hopefully there were some aspects that will prove helpful.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Nicely made Derek, very nice thin sides to the drawers, so many people do clunky. I can hear the noise they make when you knock a knuckle on them from here! Ian

Back