under floor heating

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank

Established Member
Reaction score
i was asked to help build a conservatory by my lad (i think he means will i build it and he will sort of help)we dug out the footings ready to start laying the bricks and then he says he wants under floor heating . now he has a radiator that will have to be removed . can i run the piping off that and will i have to fit a pump . i went to b/q and the chap said yes sir this is what you want its the full kit and its only £500 :shock:we are trying to do it with out spending to much money .
tia frank

LOL got yourself a clever son there Frank ! ie he got you to do the work.

Ok, now for the serious stuff.How deep did you dig the footings, did you allow for 18" insulation,minimum 6" concrete then another layer to go above the floor heating pipework. ?

Why so much, the pipes will radiate your heat supply in 360 deg. so the radiated heat that is under the Odeg. line must be reflected to where the heat is required ie; in your conservatory.

Also, the heat needs approx 6" concrete above to allow the heat its maximum angle 90 deg. to radiate.

So an awful lot og digging needs to be done, in order to get maximum efficiency out of floor heating at grond floor level.

Hope you have fun.

karl i think i will just move the rad its a lot easier and box it in :D .

thanks frank

Hijacking the thread :shock:

Has anyone used underfloor electric heating with laminated wooden floors? Any comments/advice/things to avoid/product recommendations..that sort of thing?

Cheers

Roger

Back