Under cabinet electric water heater.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
Prompted by seeing these mentioned in another post.

I am looking at fitting under cabinet type electric water heaters in a couple of places for hot water to kitchen sinks.

I just went to look at one we already have in a little shop and it looks like it's leaking, it's an Ariston EP 15 UR 2KW. This is the second one in there, the first gave up after about 6 years and this one been in about four years, both were the same model. I have read a couple of reviews on Screwfix which say they only last a few years.

Anybody got any experience of them or can recommend another model that will last, one review said get a Zip one because they have a copper tank? I don't mind paying more for one which will last.

Thanks in advance, Doug

Fitted a few of the 15 litre Hyco Speedflows in the last few years, they do smaller sizes too. I've never had any complaints or callbacks. Pretty sure I got them online from TLC Electricals

I'm currently looking for something to go in the workshop. But I'm really after a power shower type arrangement that heats instantly when the tap is turned on, maybe not instantly but you get my meaning. Rather than having a tank of water kept warm for days on end to be used.

Any suggestions

Adidat

I know TLC sell lots of different water heaters including hand washer units and over sink units. I've never fitted any of those so couldn't say how good they are but the online shop would give you an idea of what's available and the cost.

adidat":26gtzc4t said:
I'm currently looking for something to go in the workshop. But I'm really after a power shower type arrangement that heats instantly when the tap is turned on, maybe not instantly but you get my meaning. Rather than having a tank of water kept warm for days on end to be used.

Any suggestions

Adidat

I’ve just fitted a Triton T30 in the workshop

https://www.screwfix.com/p/triton-t30i- ... -3kw/92436

But I paid £39 for it, it’s basically a 3kw shower so it works off the sockets ring main & heats the water as you draw it. The water gets fairly hot but not very hot but then again that’s not what I was looking for, I wanted a mains pressure spray for washing my hands, cleaning out brushes & anything else that I didn’t want ice cold water for, yes I’m getting old :? :lol:
I fitted it at the beginning of the lockdown & so far have been really pleased I have.

Many years ago (too many to be relevant really) I sold these things at a merchant. We sold a lot of Zip ones and I don't recall us having any issues with them. The installers kept coming back for them on future jobs.

Back