Ultimate workstation - Rip fence add-on

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about how to improve the standard rip fence that came with the saw. I have been lucky enough to get me hands on a few lengths of 60x60mm box aluminium which has a central 20mm wide channel both sides. This allows me to run a fence down the channel, as you would a mitre fence.

I have built a mock-up to see if things are working out right. The only problem is that the insert for the channel is more like 19.5mm and abit loose. This has given the far end of the fence a sideways movement of 1-2mm. So i'm hoping that with a correctly fitting insert then the movement will be next to nothing.

The aluminium channel will be fitted under the 15mm overtops so when the fence is not in use, the channel is out of harms way. I may add a cam lever to the front just to lock in place, and have tested with a bolt and insert. This works well and with minimal pressure.

I need to add a length to tape into the front face of the aluminium channel and going to add a sight glass (if thats what they are called)

fence1.jpg

fence2.jpg

fence3.jpg

fence4.jpg

fence5.jpg

fence6.jpg

fence7.jpg

Andy

:D nice job =D> what is the table top made off :?:

martyn

Ps did you get your money this morning :?:

I have been thinking about this a bit more and i;m going to use a section of solid laminate for the insert so it shouldn't move like timber or mdf will.

Martyn2, the tabletop is solid core laminate (15mm), it was a table that someone drilled a hole in the face and i grabbed it before it got skipped.
The money was stated as being posted today so i should get saturday or monday latest.

Waka, how close to finishing. Well if i pull my finger out my a** then a few days but i spend 95% of the time thinking about improving things instead of actually doing things. I need to sort the extraction outlet on the saw, fit the overtops and then it's 90% ready to use. I still need to make the finished router table but this is once stage one is done.

Andy

Back