Ultimate Workstation - New build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yippee, i got the solid laminate. Got this cut-up for £20 as the table saw doesn't have a scribe blade and i wanted nice straight cuts :oops:

I only had enough for the main overtops so the outfeed table will be laminated MDF.

I had to workout the best way to cut the sheet as it had a 500x200mm hole in the middle, but most got cut around this apart from 1 panel. I can use this next to the blade and rebate for the fitting of an insert plate. :wink:

Now need to get the table saw fitted and build the lower extraction unit.

work8.jpg

The main booty

work9.jpg

Useful outcuts, can have a few router insert plates with this.

work10.jpg

Close up of the solid laminate, strong old stuff. Need to chamfer the edges back a bit as pretty sharp at the moment. Time to use the mock-up router table.

Andy

well, er, um .. . . i didn't pay anything for it. It was bought in free issue for table tops for a job at work. We had to drill the underside for inserts to suit our metal legs and the drill bit popped out the face side. SO, we had to purchase a replacement and this sheet was sat on the veneer shop floor.

Once the contract was fitted and everyone forgot about the sheet, i cut it up ( i did ask first)

It really is good stuff, you can give the edge a right knock and it won't even dent it.

Andy

heheh, nothing to do with me. I was just lucky enough to know the progress of the replacement and was in the right place at the right time.

didn't mean to be a gloat, but now looking at it..... it is, my first too !!

Andy

Lynx
This thing is looking REALLY good. Can/t wait to see it all done. (go faster) i'm concrened that you may have to buid an alter around it just from all the worship and envy it will produce

Dave

Lynx.

I am starting to get envious which is not something I usually suffer from, keep posting the pics and if you would like a month in devon I could live with a remodelling job.

more glamour for you all.

I've taken the side and base of the saw and place the main body in the workstation. Once bolted to the back and sides it'll be solid.

I just had to see what the complete overtop would look like so i "just had too" place to solid laminate out. With the side extension out, the workstation is 2400mm long x 830mm wide and a outfeed table of 700mm wide . . sweet

I also got my measuring tapes done. Only went for 1200mm length as this is all i think i'll need. They turned out really well and the adhesive on the back is really strong stuff.

I had a near miss, i dropped one of the overtops #-o but after opening my eyes i noticed that the corner had a little dust on and the floor had a large dent :whistle:

work11.jpg

work12.jpg

work13.jpg

work14.jpg

work15.jpg

work16.jpg

Mmmm... what make is your table saw? It looks like it has an identical start/stop switch to the type that I need for my Lutz. Alternatively, anyone know where such switches are sold?

Sorry, nice workstation BTW! :D

It is the RSTS12 table saw. You can get a NVR switch from axminster under the router table section.

The wife will be glad when it's done so i can start building the greenhouse, the kitchen, the kids bedrooms, the AV units, the dinner table, the list is endless.

Slim, i did the tapes myself. I drew it out in autocad and printed on our plotter. I then got it laminated and then had self adhesive sheeting applied to the back. Just need to cut into strips as i need them.

Gill, thanks for the comments. It's been a great project so far. I was thinking last night about building a nice solid walnut pull handle for the sliding section to replace the standard metal one. Just something to top it off, put the "cherry on top" kind of thing.

Back