Ulrichs candle holder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulrich

Established Member
Reaction score
A very beautiful candle holder! Thank you, Adam, for the inspiration. It came just right - no, not for Christmas but for my mother's birthday, which is just lurking around the corner as well as the birthday of my wife a week later. So there is still much to do, until I can think much about Christmas. :roll: :wink:

For my mother's present I changed your design a bit...

Cheers, Ulrich

B357.jpg

Thats lovely. I'm sure it should have its own thread though, rather than hiding at the back of this one! Shall I split this topic and create you a new thread? In fact I will - people may not look here!

Adam

It's certainly worth a thread in its own right :) .

What wood is that, Ulrich? It looks like maple to me, but wood recognition isn't my strongest point. Anyway, you've made it into a lovely piece.

Gill

Ulrich,

I am please Adam split this off. Very nice bit of work, I hope your mum is well pleased with such a good present.

Very nice Ulrich.

Gill - I think its Maple but could be Sycamore as well,( looking at the lace pattern in the foreground)

Cheers

Tim

Hallo together,

thank you for your nice coments. As for the wood: You were right - it's a piece of maple scrapwood. I should have liked the candle holder to have a slightly stronger curve but the board was only about 40 mm thick (50 mm would have been better) and the candle holder had to be about 500 mm long in order to leave enough space for the vase for flowers (which was in fact sold as a chutney server) or as here advent decoration. So that was it...

I should have liked too, to replace the glass candle holders by some of white porcellain to match the vase, but I couldn't find any. And I suppose the contrast between white porcellain and a darker wood such as walnut or cherry might even look better.

Best wishes from foggy Bavaria

Ulrich

Very beautiful, Ulrich.

My wife was walking by and now she wants me to make her mother one! Glad her birthday isn't until July...

Take care, Mike

Back