UKWorkshop YouTubers? Let us know!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stiggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a great fan of Youtube. I have learnt to do so many things, from fixing cars, welding....and most importantly, wood turning!

Obviously, you take the good and with a little research, leave the bad behind.

I follow some fantastic people, in fact I subscribe to our very own Dalboy - who has posted some AMAZING stuff - you must go check him out!

I'm going to be putting up some videos next month of my adventures in turning and some of what I've learnt over the last 6 months. I would never dare insult those who have been doing it for years by pretending to be anything more than a novice, but hopefully it will help those who are just starting. There are many things that I wish I'd known from the offset that would have saved SO much time. I realise it's the journey rather than the destination that's important, but still, there are many things that make our lives easier that sometimes take MONTHS to click.

Most importantly it will serve as a record of my own journey and help me to pick up on mistakes I make along the way.

But, what I'd really like to know is - does anyone else put woodturning videos on YouTube?

:D

Thank you for the compliment. Some of the ones on my U-tube are going to be articles in the Woodworker magazine, the motorbike rocker hopefully is going to be in very shortly and the ford car has been in a while ago. I am taking a break from checking the final copy for print of the Mercedes truck build as we speak, Nearly finished. Then it is on to another one after that. Hope you don't mind me mentioning that.

If you are every this way give me a shout and pop in for a cuppa and play if you have time

I mean, how cool would THAT be!? :)

I'd love to see more though Derek...;)

I'm impressed already - not with the woodwork but the technology needed to post such things on youtube. I have trouble posting picture on this site mostly they have too many kb or they end up too small and unclear. I taught motor vehicles at schools and some things are much clearer using youtube clips. Good luck; I for one will be watching and appreciate your entries.

Robbo3":n02if715 said:
cornucopia":n02if715 said:
I have done a few videos but I don't feel comfortable talking to camera... and it shows!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vvUa ... _as=public
O no it doesn't :)

-----
Derek: I didn't know you had a Youtube channel - & I thought I was fairly well up on the subject :)

- https://www.youtube.com/user/diggerdelaney/videos

Brilliant. Thanks to both of you.

I only make them as a slideshow of some of my builds in case anyone wants a brief how to in picture form

Awesome George! You have a new subscriber!

Keep em coming lads and lasses - anyone else post wood turning videos online?

:)

This year our friend Scrimper on the Scroll-saw thread; has put out a few excellent You-tubes

LINK

Awesome stuff! Loads to watch there! Love the different weather vanes!

Is there anyone else that does videos?

:D

My degree is, vaguely, in video type stuff. I don't use it, but I should probably put it to use so I've been considering starting a channel.

I think I'd do a decent job of turning up the production values to make things interesting. I'd need to sort my space out first and make it camera friendly. It's a flimsy timber shed that could honestly do with taking down and being put on more level ground while the weather is cooperating.

Edit: Also, being on video might convince me to at least think about getting in shape.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Well, I made my first video - took me ages to edit and work out how to get it all online etc!

It's part one of a 3 part series, meant to give ABSOLUTE woodturning beginners some tips that I have found on my 7 month journey so far.

It is NOT meant to show off skills - I am the first to mention I am a real novice, but I found some things took a few weeks or months to pick up - and I want to speed up other people's journeys.

Part two will be coming shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHoefX ... Isj0t_-9wg

Very good. You have been taught, & learned, your lessons well.
Try not to get bogged down in the minutiae eg how far the wood is from the rest - 'just clearing' is adequate, no need for a measurement.
I'm waiting for you to hurt your hand on that nail. Cut the head off, make yourself a handle & glue it in.
Nice little second project.

As I said, well done & I'm looking forward to the next one. :)

Back