ukW junk emails !!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Espedair Street":1wmb5xsr said:
Fixit":1wmb5xsr said:
If you have the PRO VERSION, you can bounce the Spam back to the sender as undeliverable mail, so they think your mail address is no-more so to speak. And I like the idea of sending their spam inc the viruses back from whence it came :D :D :D

John

Bear in mind that spammers rarely use their own e-mail addresses - generally, what shows as the originator of the e-mail isn't the real originator; the e-mail address has just been spoofed. How do I know this? Cos I occasionally get spam e-mail apparantly from myself, and even on occasions from e-mail addresses I deleted years ago! So bouncing the e-mail is just going to hack off the likely legitimate owner of the address that's been spoofed.
All I can say isMailwasher Works my spam as I said before is well down, so bouncing mail back must be working somehow, and it makes me feel good that it's gone back wence it came. :D :D :D
Regards
John

sawdustalley":1f7boshl said:
another solution is to use the following format:

yourname [ A t ] youprovider [ d o t ] com

This will not be so easily detected by "bots or spiders" who trawl the web looking for email's.

or use [email protected]

I'm not so convinced that these are all that effective anymore. It would be a simple matter to write a script that would create addresses by removing occurences of Ats and Dots with surrounding spaces or repeated characters. Likewise taking out any occurrence of 'removethis' should leave a valid address.

A website of mine uses a trick of inserting the actual ascii codes for @ and . and suchlike into the HTML so when the bot or harvester trawls through it, it can't recognise a valid address.
Even this isn't foolproof as I do get the odd spam message including the one above.

The only foolproof method is to not put an e-mail address on the web. Failing that, a trick I favour is to have multiple addresses for different sites, eg. eBay, bulletin boards, subscriptions, job hunting. Then when a mailbox starts to attract to much spam. I simply delete it and create a new box and change the address on the sites.

I truly hate spam, my old BT account is still active but unusable due to the amount of spam that comes into it. After a week I can empty over a thousand messages from it. :evil:

I also use Mailwasher which I think is a great tool. I've put it on my wife's PC now as well but unfortunately I can't bounce anything back on it as Norton Antivirus steps in and says I'm sending a spam message! :roll:

Anothe point to note about Mailwasher is that you can set it up to check incomming mail against list of known spam. This seems to be very accurate and always seems to id all of the spam. Spam which BTs Spam filtering service has let through :x .

Hope that is of use, bit of a ramble perhaps.

Cheers,
Barry

Back