UK v US DeWalt table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cascreer

Reaction score
My Evolution Fury 5-s is kinda rubbish. For the money it's ok but there is so much play in the T track and accompanying "pusher" / mitre gauge which is not a standard size so I can't even buy a decent 3rd party one. My miters are terrible and it's just very plasticy.

I like the DeWalt flexvolt system but in the UK the cheapest I could find was the £750 (with two 54v batteries).

But I can get it in the US with one battery for 500usd. Which is £383. Yes I have to add on tax.

The UK is a DCS7485T2 Vs the US DCS7485T1. I think that means they are the same.

I also assume the 54v and 60v batteries are interchangable like the 18v and 20v are.

The blade bore will also be different but I don't mind buying some blades next time I am stateside.

Feels to me like this is a no brainer. (I have a shipping crate from the us coming already so that solves transport).

You will have to pay VAT at 20%, and import duty (dont know what that is now) and if its a single item also handling fees. usually this adds up to not a lot less than UK price, with the down side being you have no warranty or guarantee.

Think long and hard about committing money to this.

Yes - a modern switching power supply will convert straight to DC anyway, and many will take 120-240V input.

Latest posts

Back