Quantcast

UK v US DeWalt table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

cascreer

Reaction score
My Evolution Fury 5-s is kinda rubbish. For the money it's ok but there is so much play in the T track and accompanying "pusher" / mitre gauge which is not a standard size so I can't even buy a decent 3rd party one. My miters are terrible and it's just very plasticy.

I like the DeWalt flexvolt system but in the UK the cheapest I could find was the £750 (with two 54v batteries).

But I can get it in the US with one battery for 500usd. Which is £383. Yes I have to add on tax.

The UK is a DCS7485T2 Vs the US DCS7485T1. I think that means they are the same.

I also assume the 54v and 60v batteries are interchangable like the 18v and 20v are.

The blade bore will also be different but I don't mind buying some blades next time I am stateside.

Feels to me like this is a no brainer. (I have a shipping crate from the us coming already so that solves transport).

sunnybob

software developers nemesis
Reaction score
You will have to pay VAT at 20%, and import duty (dont know what that is now) and if its a single item also handling fees. usually this adds up to not a lot less than UK price, with the down side being you have no warranty or guarantee.

Think long and hard about committing money to this.

guineafowl21

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes - a modern switching power supply will convert straight to DC anyway, and many will take 120-240V input.

Latest posts