UK sources for quality (brass) fittings?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere - and 61 pages of topics is tough to search through!

I need to source high quality fixtures and fittings ranging from solid brass non-mortice hinges to jewel case locks, handles etc. for making small items of furniture, boxes, and the like. B&Q aren't the answer, although they do stock some very nice solid brass knobs now. A search of the Internet looking specifically for UK suppliers brings up nothing other than a couple of wholesalers who want to sell me hundreds at a time. No retailers. Most of the 'hits' are to other search sites that don't actually show what I need even though the keywords match (webmasters PLEASE set your meta-tags honestly!).

I have lots of sources in the US and Canada, at pretty good prices, too, but where on earth do I buy small quantities in the UK? Keeping in mind that in today's Internet world I can buy from the US and have delivery within a week, I simply want to support local suppliers, if there are any.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks Alf.

Now I have to figure out what the UK English translations are from US English for the parts I need :lol: Seriously, it can be quite a problem and after 11 years living in the US I have forgotten the UK words - although they come back quickly.

If you need help, Spud, let me know. I'm sure we could help each other.... :lol:

Latest posts

Back