UK maps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knot Competent

Established Member
Reaction score
Despite a lengthy search, I've been unable to find the post, fairly recent, of someone who posted a map which was actually a satellite photo, but when the cursor was moved over it, a map appeared. I thought it was Multimap, but now don't think so. The satellite picture for the UK was far better quality than the Google equivalent.

Can anyone help me please?

Regards, John

Thanks WiZeR, you're right. When I tried it before the map didn't appear when I wagged my cursor, so I discounted it and carried on searching. The problem seems to be my computer, which seems to be having a funny five minutes which has lasted nearly a week now!

That Multimap is an amazing piece of technology!

Regards, John

try going on google and searching 'google earth' and download it. basically its like multi map but it has the whole world on it. absolutely amazing programme, i guarentee you will spent hours on it. Just a tip, there is a box in the left hand corner called bbs layers, turn it on and you should see lots of interesting things.

google maps (not google earth which I admit is great/addictive as stated above) also does a pretty good job of both map, satalite and hybrid of both.

you'll find it at maps.google.co.uk

Is the program really free? Only there was an option to receive information via the telephone and I cannot imagine this being a free service.

google earth is free, you might have to search for the download for free button. You can pay but i dont know what extra service it gets you.

Back