UJK Technology Multifunction Workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Festool MFT table, but I think that UJK version has some very useful advantages (besides being about £130 cheaper than the basic MFT!). The deep aprons would be great for all manner of jobs besides the Domino/pocket hole working mentioned in the video, for example it would be very useful for the tail board to pin board transfer when dovetailing.

The chap in the video mentions the top is heavier and more stable than the MDF used in the MFT, but I couldn't catch what material he said it was made from? I have seen some MFT tables where the top has sagged a fraction, which isn't great for accuracy, maybe this material is more sag resistant?

Did anyone get what the advantage is of the "twist" dogs? I can't see the benefit myself.

All in all looks like a smashing product. Thanks for posting the link.

custard":178fsvay said:
I use a Festool MFT table, but I think that UJK version has some very useful advantages (besides being about £130 cheaper than the basic MFT!). The deep aprons would be great for all manner of jobs besides the Domino/pocket hole working mentioned in the video, for example it would be very useful for the tail board to pin board transfer when dovetailing.

The chap in the video mentions the top is heavier and more stable than the MDF used in the MFT, but I couldn't catch what material he said it was made from? I have seen some MFT tables where the top has sagged a fraction, which isn't great for accuracy, maybe this material is more sag resistant?

Did anyone get what the advantage is of the "twist" dogs? I can't see the benefit myself.

All in all looks like a smashing product. Thanks for posting the link.
It says HDF Valchromat - whatever that is.

I think the benefit in the twist in dogs is that they lock in place without requiring a screw underneath like some of the taller dogs do - if you want them rock solid anyway. Looks interesting.

Seems like a nice idea, but not a patch on the mft it wouldn't last long in the back of my van being made out of plywood rather than aluminium, the mft all folds up in to one neat package all be it quite heavy, also I like the extrusions meaning you can slide a clamp down the sides of the table top.

Adidat

Back