• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted UJK Technology Dovetail Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it have to be this make? The Trend ones are one if the best and you have more chance if getting a used one. Check out Trend stockists as you could get a new one on offer.

Just after a jig with dust collection as doing my head in,
. Just taken delivery of the Leigh VRS1200 for the port cable which I though would fit but wont so will be selling that,
Thanks

They are re-releasing the ujk dovetail jig soon I think. I did speak to customer service about it.
Just after a jig with dust collection as doing my head in,
. Just taken delivery of the Leigh VRS1200 for the port cable which I though would fit but wont so will be selling that,
Thanks

I've still got the original axminster one, and its yellow, which at the time was more to do I think with them not really having any other options outwith the Leigh. I do remember they had so many good reviews on it they upgraded it to a white paint job, but exactly the same tool. Just painted it white and as per usual added a few quid to the cost(£50Yellow - £80White)
The UJK one looks identical to the old Axminster, with the exception that the alloy comb is double sided(and costs £100 quid more) but essentially the same bit of kit.

The old Woodrat is a great tool for doing dovetails once you get the knack, and allows you to make them so they look handcut.
I second that. You can get carbide bits that are as slim as the HSS bits that Martin Godfrey sells.. Nothing looks as bad as clunky industrial dovetails in fine furniture. Our American cousins are particularly guilty of that. Are the Woodrats still available ?

Back