Typical...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't it just?

I was promised a phone call back (last week) from the furniture making company i applied for and still no word :(

I worried myself to death about a test that there would be
( https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5742 )
and i don't even get a phone call to say 'no' :(

Then to top it off i got up this morning, in quite a happy mood, a new day and a new week and all that, strolled to the shop to get some sugar and i bump into my friends mum.

This friend of mine isn't the best scholar, and will probably have no GCSE's when the results come out in August, and it won't hinder him in any way, shape or form because he (and his older brother) always get things handed to them on a plate, with a spinkle of sugar...

Fair enough, some people are just lucky. But when his mum said that a friend of their's (who's a joiner) came down to there house last night and offered him an apprenticeship with him :twisted: :evil:

Not only that he doesn't even want to be a joiner, he wants to be a builder :evil:

Well i feel a bit better after that little rant

Ta,

Tom

*Edit: Isn't that wierd, i've just this second got a call asking if i could go for an interview on Wednesday :D

Thats lifted my spirits a bit :D

There's no point dwelling on what happens to other people, Tom - you'll just up bitter and resentful. It's far better to focus on positive thoughts and working to bring about your own good fortune. Keep plugging away and you'll get what's best for you in the end.

Best wishes for the next interview.

Gill

Tom - best of luck.

I have found that if you trust in good things happening to you, then weirdly they generally do. I know it sounds a bit hippy and odd but it makes for a much more pleasant outlook and it often works.

Gill is right - doesn't matter about others apparent fortune - focus on your own.

Cheers

Tim

Show em whatchya got Tom... putting in the effort will always win over getting stuff handed out on a platter..

Tom
All the very best of luck - which is only what you make it anyway.
You will be fine. Their loss if they don't like you, eh?

Cheers.

SF

Thanks for the advice,

I will try to be more positive and look at my fortunes rather than someone elses!! :D

I'm just getting that little bit nervous now, even though it is on wednesday :?

I hope they don't ask me questions like "How do you think the company will gain from you being a trusted employee"

Cos if they do i think my mind will go blank on me...

Ah well, all part of a learning curve i suppose!!

Ta, Tom

Tom,
You'll be absolutely fine. Trust this crew when they tell you that.
If you don't get the job? Well, that's their loss, right?

Best of luck mate,

Sliver

thomaskennedy":1e6qhiyp said:
I hope they don't ask me questions like "How do you think the company will gain from you being a trusted employee"

Cos if they do i think my mind will go blank on me...
Not if you prepare an answer now :wink: Good luck.

Cheers, Alf

Tom

My background is in education. I have seen many folk trying to get started on a career, only to be thwarted by the way the egg rolls. Don't give up, be yourself, be positive. If you are genuine you will be an asset to your employer and not a dead weight as the result of a casual offer of employment. Best wishes for the next interview - I am sure your school versed you in interview technique so make the most of it.

Bob

Thanks again for all the support...

I've been doing my homework on the company, and a bunch of interview techniques also...

I think i am as well prepared as i can be!!

I will report back tomorrow to tell how it went :D

Ta, Tom

well....????????

c'mon..... fess up... or do we have to send da boys round...???????

:twisted:

Midnight":erm6fjey said:
or do we have to send da boys round...???????

:twisted:

Oh no no no no no.....

It went really smoothly, with easy questions...

He paid me quite a few compliments such as, i was a good entrepreneur and i had great initiative.. which was nice :D
Oh and he also loved my website :D and asked when i was going to make my first million :lol: :lol:

£118 per week for the first year isn't too bad either for an apprentice!!

Out of 35 people who went for the first visit, only 9 were put through for interviews, me being one of them :D

Ta,

A quietly confident, Tom :D

A quietly confident, Tom

better..... much better than...

I worried myself to death about a test that there would be

btw if it doesn't pan out... or if it should go to 2nd interview... bring a "sample"... c/w concept sketches and plans if you have em...

lets your hands do the talking for you yea...???

well that was unexpected..

I got a phone call about an hour a go, saying that i had got the job!

Yay!

I'm going to celebrate with a bottle of Moet & Chandon :D :eek:ccasion5:

Thanks for all your help, i couldn't have done it without you =D>

Ta,

Tom O:)

Latest posts

Back