Tyme lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Hughes

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,
I have just been given a Tyme Lathe. It needed a degree of TLC, now complete, I was lucky to have the original catalogue as well. However, what I have is not listed or pictured, mine has a box section frame which the main bed is attached to. It is five speed belt driven, I can see that the catalogue shows a swivel headstock but not the one I have.
I was lucky in so much as all parts were present and with my mechanical background I was able to bring it back to life, I have looked around and can find no reference to this model.
Anyone out there have any knowledge of these machines, any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks Pete

Attachments

• D09018B0-325E-44E6-8196-ECA4F9785912.jpeg
    D09018B0-325E-44E6-8196-ECA4F9785912.jpeg
    712.9 KB · Views: 50
here is a good starting point Tyme Wood lathes

yours sounds like an early one, possibly self assembled. The silver box stand is probably home made.

I had one of those many years ago. M20 x 2mm spindle thread (although some were 3/4 x 16). It's a basic machine but as long as it runs and the bearings are good, it should be usable.

I have one exactly the same, which I acquired some months ago but have yet to assemble.
It isn't in quite such good condition as yours, with the sqaure metal bars having some surface rust that needs atention.

Thank you Marcos, yes the stand is home made and probably for a very tall person.
Thanks Paul. The solid rails were very rusty to begin with Beanwood, I used a smooth double cut file and “drawfiled” them. I finished with emery and oil.
Thanks again

The solid rails were very rusty to begin with Beanwood, I used a smooth double cut file and “drawfiled” them. I finished with emery and oil.

Thank you for the hope that I may be able to improve mine to your standards.;)

Good morning all,
I have just been given a Tyme Lathe. It needed a degree of TLC, now complete, I was lucky to have the original catalogue as well. However, what I have is not listed or pictured, mine has a box section frame which the main bed is attached to. It is five speed belt driven, I can see that the catalogue shows a swivel headstock but not the one I have.
I was lucky in so much as all parts were present and with my mechanical background I was able to bring it back to life, I have looked around and can find no reference to this model.
Anyone out there have any knowledge of these machines, any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks Pete
hi Pete
Speak to Derek Pyatt what he doesn’t know is not worth knowing
regards MickP
Company Name: Pyatt Woodworking

Phone/Fax No.: 01902 743973

email: [email protected]

We are located in Tettenhall, north west side of Wolverhampton, just off the A41.

6 miles from M54 junction 3 and 3 miles from M54 junction 2.

Visiting:

Contact should be made prior to visit.

Last edited:
Back